Has anyone ever built a dolls house?

highhopes19

Reaction score
I have no idea where to start!

It's already built, I've brought it off a lady it needs a lot doing to it, gonna be my project for isabelle:thumbup:

Has anyone ver done this before ? Xx

Doesn't it come in a kit? My late grandfather used to build them. I've got a lovely Victorian style one.

Im not sure I brought it off a lady on fb, it's already built but she's never had the time to Do it, it's really battered and tatty!

There's others interested, I'm starting to regret saying yes as looking online it looks very exspensive to restores:(

I realy want to build (more so the furniture and bits then the actual house) but hubby has banned me :)
Go to hobby craft they sell loads of little packs for each bit to make your own or buy them ready made.

What needs doing to it? It can be as cheap or as expensive as you make it, my sister has a Tudor one that needs restoring at the moment and my mum has a Georgian manor that's a new kit.

What needs doing to it? It can be as cheap or as expensive as you make it, my sister has a Tudor one that needs restoring at the moment and my mum has a Georgian manor that's a new kit.

It needs a lot of work all over, tiles are falling off, stairs need fixing etc...

Oh wanted to do a brick affect on the outside but couldn't think of a good way of doing so xx

I'm really considering passing the sale on to the next person as its looking so exspensive to restore :'( x

The tiles and stairs can be glued down with that carpenter (or craft, it's been a while) glue. But if you've got to completely restore it, I'd take it to a professional. It can take a lot of time and some $$. Not to mention the furniture to fill the house, isn't exactly cheap either.

https://www.craft-products.com/dolls-house-brick-stone-tiles.asp

The bricks are done with a stencil and some sort of clay like substance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->