Has Anyone Experienced This?

hellojello25

Reaction score
Hi all! Just popping in to ask if anyone has experienced this weird situation and wound up actually being pregnant.

I'm currently on a low dose of the birth control combo pill. I have been for 8 months. Once every few months I get some breakthrough bleeding and I've been meaning to talk to my doctor about it, but life kept getting in the way. However, this month I starting bleeding a week into taking my pills and it's lasted for almost 2 weeks now. I called the doctor's office and the nurse said that the doctor is probably going to switch my prescription to something else, but he wants me to take a pregnancy test first because of my history with birth control and getting pregnant (my first son was conceived the first month I was off the pill and my second son was conceived my first month off the pill and after taking Plan B). I'm thinking there's no way, but my boobs did get bigger recently. I take my pill at the same day every day without fail because while I would love another child, now is not the right time.

Has anyone ever been in this weird situation or a similar one? Or have any insights? I'm picking up a test tonight after work but wanted to see if anyone had anything to say about it :) These forums are always so helpful to me!

I've done some volunteering with reproductive rights groups and honestly? I haven't heard of a birth control that doesn't let a pregnancy happen from time to time. So it's totally possible.

There was a woman in my antenatal clinic who still had an IUD in - at 20 weeks!

Hope you get the result you are hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->