Has anyone gone off their pets?

Raqual24

Reaction score
I'm 12 weeks now and recently I've just lost interest in my cats. They used to be like my children but now I dont feel attatched to them anymore. I dont want them sitting on me or sleeping on our bed. I'm not sleeping well anyways, and they're just bugging me. To top that off my female cat is all over me and follows me around everywhere.

I feel really horrible about it but sheesh - when the baby comes what then?

I don't like my dog near me in early pregnancy. I'm better now and he doesn't bother me so I think it will pass for you too. I think it's all normal in early pregnancy, even the smell of my daughter's hair made me feel queasy! So weird!

I didnt like the smell of my dogs near me early on - even when they were fresh out of the bath!! I couldnt have them near me for a few weeks but I never went off 'them'. I love them too much!!

I have a dalmatian who is like a baby to us. But lately she is getting on my last nerve. Her whining drives me insane..maybe its just the hormones. Things I used to tolerate really bother me now.

I can't stand the dog at the minute. Tbh, he's DH's dog anyway and not mine, and I'm not really a doggy person. But I really have gone off him at the minute. All he seems to do is dribble, shed hair, shit on the lawn and slobber on the french doors. It's all the things he used to do before, but now I find them all the more annoying and are having trouble dealing with it.:hissy:

I have 2 german shepherds and 2 cats. Only one of my cats comes around me but i dont like her sitting on me, its safe enough midwife says as long as i wash my hands but I have a problem with one of the german shepherds, bruce, he started eating out of the litter and I was near for getting rid of him for the dangers it could cause. I try not to let them lick around me. But when baby comes it will be a shock to the dogs cause they are nopt allowed to sleep in the bedroom anymore and will be out back most the time. I dont want to take any chances , they are great dogs but i am sure their noses will be put out of joint. Still take as much care of them but it will be harder.

I have 2 german shepherds and 2 cats. Only one of my cats comes around me but i dont like her sitting on me, its safe enough midwife says as long as i wash my hands but I have a problem with one of the german shepherds, bruce, he started eating out of the litter and I was near for getting rid of him for the dangers it could cause. I try not to let them lick around me. But when baby comes it will be a shock to the dogs cause they are nopt allowed to sleep in the bedroom anymore and will be out back most the time. I dont want to take any chances , they are great dogs but i am sure their noses will be put out of joint. Still take as much care of them but it will be harder.

Just some advice about the shepards - start keeping them out of the bedroom now so that they're used to it. By the time the baby comes they won't know any different. Also, maybe put them in a kennel for a couple days when the baby is born, then take the baby out of the house and let them pick up his/her scent around the place before you introduce them.

I love shepards too, but their loyalty can be a little misguided sometimes.

i haven't gone off mine I love them just as much if not more, They are still my babies, and am always talking to them about the new arrival to get them prepared :rofl: Mad I know!

Just some advice about the shepards - start keeping them out of the bedroom now so that they're used to it. By the time the baby comes they won't know any different. Also, maybe put them in a kennel for a couple days when the baby is born, then take the baby out of the house and let them pick up his/her scent around the place before you introduce them.

I love shepards too, but their loyalty can be a little misguided sometimes.

yeo they are sleeping downstairs soon I want no dog hair ni the bedroom as its bad for asthma which i have and I dont want baby getting. I hate them in there anyway he insists on them there but is moving them soon to. cant have them outside they will annoy neighbours, loads of room in my house for them anyway. Plus its been said not to trust dogs around babies as they can get jealous and i have one thats jealous enough of the other i cant afford to take chances so they are being apart as much as i can and not being left alone wth baby. Better safe than sorry is what i say.

i have a house guineapig and I stil looove him to bits. Hes my smellypig.. haha bless. But i imagine he may not get as much attention soon :(
xxx

Thanks girls! Its great to hear that I'm not completely crazy - even though I feel it sometimes! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->