Has anyone gone on a vacation during the first tri...and regretted it?

mrsstrezy

Reaction score
I posted this under a different board, but didn't get many responses. I thought maybe you gals could help me out. My hubby and me are going on a cruise on Feb 24th. From the reading I've done on this First Trimester board, it seems like First Tri can be pretty miserable from a nausea standpoint. I really don't want to put TTC on hold, but this could be the last solo trip that me and hubby get for a long time. I have long cycles, so I know that it'll take me longer than most average gals to get pregnant(my cycles are between 40-48 days). I'm due to "O" around January 19th. If we actually conceived, then I'd be around 7 wks by the time of the cruise right? What would you do? Has anyone taken a trip during their first tri and really regretted it due to pregnancy symptoms? I don't want a really nice trip to be ruined, however I really want a baby!

I took two or three trips during my first pregnancy in first tri. It was fine! I definitely wouldn't put ttc plans on hold and would just book whatever you want to do. You might not get terrible morning sickness anyway (I haven't with either pregnancy) and its good to cram in as much stuff as you can before baby because believe me, life and holidays are so different after having kids!!! X

I've just had to cancel to cruises because I'd be more than 24 weeks while traveling in March 2014 and June 2014. I'd say go while you have the chance!

I went to the domican when I was eight weeks pregnant and didnt regret it a bit. It took my mind off the worrying and passed some time before my 12 week scan. Even the 9 hour flights there and back werent too bad. I was nauseous and very emotional the whole time we was there but I think that was more of a pain for OH than it was for me :haha:

I went to Tenerife when i was 8 wks pregnant with DD. It was fab!! The week went in really fast and was a great holiday x

Thanks for all the responses! The trip is booked...so we're going no matter what. So now I just have to decide if we still TTC next month or play it safe, and wait to TTC until Feb. After all, it's only one month of waiting...I shouldn't be getting myself so worked up. I know there's a chance I may not even have morning sickness, but I'm just a worrier I guess:nope:

There are pregnancy safe meds for morning sickness. I wouldn't miss a chance at ttc, it's such a crap shoot anyway! I went to Turkey & Cyprus last year with no ms whatsoever but fully armed with anti sickness meds from the doc. We had a wonderful time.
I unfortunately mc'd after the vacation but that's due to my dor diagnosis and bad/old eggs. Don't let life pass you by, seize the moment. Never make decisions out of fear, you can handle whatever life deals.

Never make decisions out of fear, you can handle whatever life deals.[/QUOTE]

That's a great statement...Thanks! You're definitely right about it being a crap chute. I'm so worried about it and there really is only a 20% chance I could end up pregnant anyway. And then from there, no guarantee I would have horrible morning sickness. So sorry to hear about your loss:(

I traveled 3 times this first trimester and it was a bit rough with ms but didn't regret it at all. May I ask where your cruise is going and what ship? Sometimes depending on the stabilizers on ships and when they were built can be reassuring. Also certain itineraries are smoother than others (used to be a travel agent and a frequent cruiser). If you haven't already a cabin midship has less "motion of the ocean" and a balcony would provide some much needed fresh air!

Bon Voyage and enjoy! The variety of food alone whenever you want it is so worth the cruise!:boat:

I traveled 3 times this first trimester and it was a bit rough with ms but didn't regret it at all. May I ask where your cruise is going and what ship? Sometimes depending on the stabilizers on ships and when they were built can be reassuring. Also certain itineraries are smoother than others (used to be a travel agent and a frequent cruiser). If you haven't already a cabin midship has less "motion of the ocean" and a balcony would provide some much needed fresh air!

Bon Voyage and enjoy! The variety of food alone whenever you want it is so worth the cruise!:boat:

We're with Princess cruiselines on the Ruby Princess, and doing a 5-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise. We made sure to get a room midship, even though neither of us are prone to seasickness. And thanks for the response! Glad to hear people are traveling with MS and still managing to have a good time. I think you guys are starting to convince me to just say "the hell with it" and continue powering forward with TTC! Or at least just NTNP for the month of January and not worry about it too much.

Go for it. You're not pregnant yet, and if you are pregnant it won't be bad. Sea sickness is like pregnancy sickness, so either way you may feel sick. Take sea bands with you, they work wonderfully. They take away sea sickness instantly. I have been on 2 cruises and they were so much fun. DH and I are going on our 3rd cruise in March when I'll be 17 weeks pregnant. What cruise line are you going with, and where are you going? We are going to Mexico, Jamaica, and Haiti. I can't wait.

Go for it. You're not pregnant yet, and if you are pregnant it won't be bad. Sea sickness is like pregnancy sickness, so either way you may feel sick. Take sea bands with you, they work wonderfully. They take away sea sickness instantly. I have been on 2 cruises and they were so much fun. DH and I are going on our 3rd cruise in March when I'll be 17 weeks pregnant. What cruise line are you going with, and where are you going? We are going to Mexico, Jamaica, and Haiti. I can't wait.

we're going with Princess cruise lines. Our stops are Nassau, Princess Cays, and Grand Turk Island. I went on a cruise years ago and really liked it. This will b hubby's first time cruising:).

That should be a fairly smooth cruise then unless there's an unusual storm. That time of year the Eastern Caribbean is usually quite calm! I am not usually prone to sea sickness at all and am the last one standing on a rocking boat but I will say at my ms peak a car ride even made me a but woozy lol. Take some sea bands and ginger snaps just in case - you know what they say..better to have it and not need it than the other way around! You'll have a great time and enjoy those islands..especially princess cay it is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->