Has anyone gotten pregnant before first postpartum period?

nicole3108

Mom to 3
Reaction score
I got my first bfp yesterday, my son is just over a year old. I am worried because I have had 3 ectopics but assuming it's in the right place I am concerned that because I haven't had af in so long that something will go wrong because my lining hasn't shed in a year. I really don't know how that works. Probably worried for nothing but I was wondering if anyone has gotten pregnant before they got their period back and what the outcome was?

After my miscarriage in August of 2004, I didn't have any normal periods for a couple or years. Meaning that I took medication a couple of times to induce my period but I hadn't had a period in over a year when I got a BFP with my 3rd son.

I will tell you that I had bright red spotting (never required a pad) that was present for about 5 weeks. However, the pregnancy was otherwise none eventful and my son is now 4 years old.

I think you'll be fine! Good Luck to you!!!!

Thank you so much! That makes me feel better, to know your baby was just fine! :) Congratulations on your little one! How is it having 3? I am so excited (if everything is fine of course) but also a bit freaked out because I find two pretty busy.

I'm glad I made you feel better. Having 3 was fantastic but I'd experienced a loss before my 3rd and he was 5 years younger than my youngest son at the time...so big age gap......which I was worried about but actually turned out really nice for me.
Seems your children are younger so I imagine you'll be busier than I was. My older boys were 7 and almost 5 when Aaden was born. Now my boys will be almost 12, 9, and almost 5 when this baby is born! It's crazy!!!
Anyhow, I think that you'll do great. Good Luck to you and message me anytime you like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->