Has anyone gotten pregnant outside of that '3 day ovulation window'?

Itsychik

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten pregnant outside of that '3 day ovulation window'?

I know it's different for everyone, but if you got a positive OPK and didn't have a chance to dtd until 4 days later... just wondering how likely the chances are?

It's likely because you can ovulate 72 hours after the positive opk and then the egg lives for a day or so. Best of luck.

Not good unless you usually ovulate 3 -4 days after your surge.
typically women will ovulate 12-36 hours after the surge, then the egg is only able to be fertilized for 12-24 hours. after that CM changes to more hostel and sperm cannot swim through it as easily, also after intercourse sperm take 4 hours to capacitate (get ready before they can penetrate the egg) then even the fastest swimmers take a few hours to find and penetrate the egg. so your better chance is to BD before ovulation so the sperm waiting on the egg verses the egg waiting on sperm.

I have a friend a work that swears she conceived the day after her period ended. She went off the pill that month, had her period and got pregnant right away. The doctor said 'there was no way' but that was the only time it could have happened. I've heard of other people conceiving at other times too, not sure how but I do believe it happens.

I have a friend a work that swears she conceived the day after her period ended. She went off the pill that month, had her period and got pregnant right away. The doctor said 'there was no way' but that was the only time it could have happened. I've heard of other people conceiving at other times too, not sure how but I do believe it happens.

I conceived my last healthy baby by doing it the day after AF ended too but our theory was that the sperm waited on my ovulation for a week because we know its impossible to ovulate the day after AF.

From what I know it's better to DTD a few days before if you can as sperm lives longer during your fertile period. The chances I imagine would still be good if you don't ovulate the same day as your positive test.

My son was conceived very late in my cycle, but we weren't trying so I don't know when I O'd just guessing.

I wasn't taking OPKs but we only BD the day I had peak CM and I'm positive I didn't ovulate until three days later. So it happened for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->