Has anyone had an early ultrasound at around 6 weeks, 4 days?

spiritbear

Reaction score
Hi there! My doctor wants me to do an early ultrasound and I just scheduled it for what will be 6 weeks and 4 days (from my last menstrual period).

Has anyone else done one around this time? What were you able to see/find out? Too early for a heartbeat? I'm just wondering if I should schedule it a bit later, like maybe week 7 in order to ensure we can see the heartbeat? Because I'd hate for it to be indefinite and have to come back.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. thank you! <3

I had one at 6+3 with my 2.5 year old son. I was put back to 5.5 weeks and they saw a sac, yolk and what "could have been" a fetal pole. When I went back two weeks later he'd caught back up to my dates and was a beautiful little bean with a strong hb :) I think the machine that was used was ancient which is why we didn't get a clearer picture at 6+3 :thumbup:

I had one around then and they only saw an empty gestational sac. It caused me extreme anxiety for weeks. But apparently it is normal for some women to not see anything that early. I recently had a scan at 5w5d and they said they didn't see much of anything so I feel like my babies just show up late. So don't get too disheartened if you don't see anything! But there's an equally good chance you will.

I had one around then and they only saw an empty gestational sac. It caused me extreme anxiety for weeks. But apparently it is normal for some women to not see anything that early. I recently had a scan at 5w5d and they said they didn't see much of anything so I feel like my babies just show up late. So don't get too disheartened if you don't see anything! But there's an equally good chance you will.

Thank you! That's what I'm worried about- not seeing anything and being upset & worried until the next one. It seems like 6 weeks 4 days is pretty safe but I might bump it out to 7 weeks so that there is even less room for doubt. :)

I think that's a good idea spiritbear... Would you rather be impatient or worried :)

We had an ultrasound at 6w1d and saw the heart beat

I had an emergency scan at 6w and a bit due to bleeding and they saw a teeny blob in there with a heartbeat. I really wish you all the very best. x

I've had early ultrasounds (one at 6 wks 1 day, and one at 5 weeks, 5 days) and saw a heartbeat both times.

I've been for an early scan today (6weeks and 1 day) we saw yolk sac, fetal pole and a heartbeat xxx

good luck xx

Had one today at exactly that and saw a heartbeat x

I was super sick with the stomach flu at 6 weeks and running a high fever. Doctor had me in stat for an ultrasound- I tried to prepare myself to perhaps see nothing but was praying for something reassuring! God completely blessed me- saw a little blurred bean and a flashing heartbeat! I cried for joy! Now at 12 weeks, baby is doing wonderfully!
Praying your appointment goes well! :)

We saw my son's heartbeat at 6 weeks, 2 days. This time I went in at what I thought was 6 weeks, 1 day...but baby measured 6 weeks, 3 days and we saw baby with a heartbeat and yolk sac. Good luck and I hope you are able to see your little ones heart beating away!!

we went around that time and saw a strong heartbeat. GL!

Thank you everyone <3 I'm so glad you all saw your babies' heartbeats!!

So, over the weekend I started spotting a lot (24 hours after sex so I was thinking it could be related) but then on Sunday I had more red spotting combined with cramps. I was devastated.

We went to the ER as nothing else was open and I just had to know if the worst was happening. To our surprise, bloodwork came back great and they did an ultrasound where we did see baby's heartbeat (yesterday was 6 weeks, 3 days but we got measured at 5 weeks 6 days). We could not believe it. The Dr. said he saw nothing wrong that would be causing the cramping/spotting.

Today I don't have any more spotting or cramping so I am praying that it was somehow related to sex and that everything is fine. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Oh wow thats so scary but im so happy that baby is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->