Has anyone had their Implanon removed?

J_Odhran

Proud Mummy To Odhrán
Reaction score
I have had the Implanon implant in for 13 months now and am hoping to have it removed on Wednesday. I have put on over 2 stone, suffer from headaches, mood swings, bleed quite a lot regularly and when I am bleeding I am utterly exhausted..

Anyone that has had theirs removed, how long has it taken for you to feel "normal" afterwards? How did your weight change?

I am eating healthier than I have ever eaten, and running after Odhrán alone is more exercise than I would have done before.. I do exercise DVD's and walk regularly.. It's frustrating to see the weight pile on when you are doing everything to avoid it.

Any advice/experiences would be great x

I felt my normal self in about a week. I had mine in for 2 years.

If your at all squeemish take a mate with you, as i hate needles and the bloody thing took 15 minutes to take out...they had to get me a fan and everything. (this is rare though and it usually takes between 3o seconds and 5 minutes) xx

Hey I had mine fitted in April but I'm getting it taken put on Thursday I know they say you should try it for at least 6months but I can't wait that long I hate it, suffering from really bad mood swings and anxiety which iv never had either before, bleeding most days since I've had it just feeling rubbish for no reason and got darker patches of skin on my ankles which is apparently a rare side effect, so can't wait to have it out, what r u going to take after?

Thanks Elli, did you gain any weight while on it? Jeans that fitted me full term won't even go on me now, and I am heavier than I was full term :shock: I lost my baby weight in the months after, and a few months after having the implanon in I could see it creeping up xx

Sounds like you're side effects have kicked in pretty quick Zoe, mine were slow but steady.. I was thinking of the copper coil, as it has no hormones in and I am wanting nothing in my system so I can start to lose the weight.. They put me on a waiting list for 2 and a half months and they said they would prefer for me to have the implant in while getting the coil, then I would have to wait an additional 6 weeks to get the implant removed after the 2 and a half month wait to get the coil fitted.. How can they work that out? The arrival appointment would last longer than taking the implant out.. Think I will stick to condoms until I am happy with my weight and then think about the coil afterwards, what are you going to go for? x

I had mine out in Nov for TTC. My ex came with it was horrible hurt a bit afterwards but it was fine. I took a full month to get my cycle fixed and then began to lose weight (I went from 8st 7lbd to 10st 2lbs!!!

Hope it went okay.xx

I got mine removed on Thursday after a horrible time on Weds, I was told I was fat and lazy more or less, nothing to do with the implant, she spoke down to be and tried to fob me off for an appointment 8 weeks away :roll: I refused to move and told her I wanted it out now, she said "I can't do it now" I replied "No, you WON'T do it, not CAN'T".. She stormed out and gobbed off to another nurse in the corridor and came back with a sour face and said I could have it removed the next day in another clinic. I went on Thursday and they were so lovely, a far cry from Wednesday.

After a chat with the nurse she suspected I have an underactive thyroid so am booked in for bloods on Monday, but the implant is GONE! See ya! lol, was told I won't be allowed it back in again but I don't care as I wouldn't have it back in if I was paid. Started bleeding today so am assuming this is my body starting to get back to normal xx

Hey sorry took so long to reply! Aw glad you got yours put,omg she sounds horrible that nurse!!! How's your arm feeling? I had mine taken out last Thursday and still have a bruise and small cut it really hurt for a few days but fine now just doesnt look good but oh my word I already feel completely back to normal anxiety had gone and I'm feeling soo happy never getting that thing in my arm again!! I'm bled from the day I got it out and it's stopped today my nurse gave me the mini pill but I've not taken it just going to give my body a break from hormones for now, hope your blood tests go okay x

At least it isn't just me who doesn't get on with this horrible thing, I've had it in near 4 months now and last month I bled that bad I had to sit on the toilet for most of the day (sorry for tmi) I have bled no stop on the stupid thing, I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday to get it taken out.

Hey hun no problem, it came out quite easy the cut didn't bother me but the stitches itched like hell and irritated my arm, other than that everything was okay. I bled from the day after and it has stopped today thank goodness.. Glad you are feeling better it's a big relief isn't it? I feel a lot better within myself and haven't cried in over a week haha bliss! x

Hi mumof4, sounds like you are having a rough time too.. I think it's fab as a contraceptive (had it in for 13 months and no surprises) but it just didn't agree with me at all. I would bleed constantly, heavy and often. It's horrible isn't it? Hope your appointment goes well and it's removed with no hassle :hugs:

My blood results came back normal, which I'm quite happy about, now I can get myself back in shape without worrying about anything underlying causing the weight gain, I'm putting it all down to the implant, and am also thinking of putting in a complaint about the first doctor I seen xx

I had the implant for 3 years a while back, I never had any problems with it :S I will be going back on it soon, ofcourse everyones body is different and will come out with different reactions! You look gorgeous J_Odhran I bet the weight gain looks nice!
___XO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->