Has anyone had their lines grow fader each test & still been pregnant?

Sheece

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Long story short, as I've had a bit of confusion over when I conceived, but basically on CD 20 I got a pretty strong bfp -

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w406/shellet83/IMAG4667_BURST001_1_zpsykoisugq.jpg~original

Digitals told me I was pregnant 1 - 2 weeks.

Two days later I had my bloods done and my hcg was 26.

Today I tested again (cd24) and the line is barely there -

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w406/shellet83/IMAG4695_1_zpsfr29grf7.jpg~original

I'm trying not to worry but I have a week until my next appointment and I feel like my tests should be getting darker, not ligher! Has anyone had this experience and everything was ok still?

Thanks xx

Many will say that a line is a line, but the general consensus is that if it's getting lighter that is not a good sign. Since your darkest line was taken before your HCG levels came back at 26, that would rule out hook effect (where the line gets lighter at very high HCGs-- usually when someone is much further along than the first few weeks). It really look like you may be experiencing a chemical pregnancy. I'm so sorry. :(

ETA: The silver lining is that many women experience a period of increased fertility after a chemical pregnancy. I hope that's the case for you. :hugs:

I'm sorry hun but lines shouldn't fade that much early on. After 6 weeks or so when Hcg levels get really high lines can lighten but your a little early for that. In the early days Slight variations in darkness or not progressing really quickly are ok, it's not always a bad thing but that is quite a difference. Maybe speak to a doctor and ask for repeat bloods? I am crossing my fingers for you that all is ok. Hugs.

Thanks girls, I took another test on SMU and it was darker than this mornings, but still lighter than my other ones.

I did actually wonder if I got pregnant last cycle, putting me at 6 / 7 weeks at the moment, as this cycle FF didn't pick up ovulation, and the only time I could guess I ovulated, would mean I got my positive at 6dpo, which is way too early I would think.

Fingers crossed im either too far along & the levels are fading normally, or I just have bad tests :/

Different manufacturers and different batch numbers may contain different amounts of dye in their tests so there is a chance that things could be ok. Are you able to get another hcg done sooner than a week after the first blood level? Wishing the best for you!

With hcg of 26 I highly doubt you are further along than you think. In general the lines getting lighter isn't good news :hugs: but all sorts of things can affect how dark the line is on the test.

I'm hoping that r the best for you x

If you were 6-7 weeks hun your Hcg would be a lot higher than 26. At least in the 1000's. Mine was super low last pregnancy at 6 weeks and my levels were 1046. Still maybe urine concentration could possibly be affecting the tests, or you have faulty tests, who knows, only a blood test will tell you for sure. Will keep everything crossed for you.

I would say chemical pregnancy, sorry :-(

I had one before this pregnancy and got pregnant again right away.

I had test that went back and forth very early on with my ectopic pregnancy. I would have to agree that a continually fading test this early sounds like a chemical but if it gets lighter than a bit darker and lighter again pay attention to your body closely just in case something else is going on. Hopefully you'll get answers soon.

Mine did that with a pack of frer, thought it was a chemical until i bought a new pack 2 days later!

Hope this works out for you Hun but with a dark test and then a test as light as that I think it does seem like it may have a been a chemincal pregnancy I'm so sorry to say, but strange things do happen! I hope it is not the case, do let us know x

maybe a chemical pregnancy :nope:

i had one 6 years ago and it was really sad. thinking of you!

Thanks for all of your replies ladies!

I'm hoping it was a dodgy pack of tests, like you had bumble b!

I've stopped testing now for my own sanity! I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday so I will ask for new bloods then.

My AF would have been due over this past weekend, and I have had a tiny bit of brown spotting, but everything else has been normal so I'm still hopeful!

I hope everything works out! But from the looks of your pics it doesn't look good... Tests shouldn't fade as that means hcg is declining. I even tested at 12 weeks and the lines were still blaring dark. Sending u good vibes! Hope this is just a one off xx

Just thought I'd update this in case anyone going through something similar searched and found this post - I ended up miscarrying, at 4w, 1 day. Went from hcg of 26 to 6, so I guess the whole line fading thing is definitely a bad sign!

Very sorry to hear that Hun wishing you well for the future :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->