Has anyone healed from postpartum Hypothyroidism?

Annaekv

Reaction score
Hello All,
I was diagnosed 8 months ago with postpartum hypothyroidism. This has been very challenging to say the least. I had an ER c-section 12-12-12 and from there started healing. Two months later, I developed chronic hives that lasted for 6 months ( would of been longer if I didn't find a naturopath), weight gain, tiredness.. well you know all of the hypo symptoms that are terrible but I wont go on listing them all.
I have a few questions for other moms that have experienced this. I know that there is a chance that your thyroid will heal itself. What I want to know is...

1. HAs anyone developed postpartum thyroiditis and did you recover eventually?

Did anyone recover after taking thyroid medication and if so which meds?

4. HAs anyone breastfed and had it make you keep your weight on?

I hope someone has some good info for me.. thanks to all of you!

Hello All,
I was diagnosed 8 months ago with postpartum hypothyroidism. This has been very challenging to say the least. I had an ER c-section 12-12-12 and from there started healing. Two months later, I developed chronic hives that lasted for 6 months ( would of been longer if I didn't find a naturopath), weight gain, tiredness.. well you know all of the hypo symptoms that are terrible but I wont go on listing them all.
I have a few questions for other moms that have experienced this. I know that there is a chance that your thyroid will heal itself. What I want to know is...

1. HAs anyone developed postpartum thyroiditis and did you recover eventually?

Did anyone recover after taking thyroid medication and if so which meds?

4. HAs anyone breastfed and had it make you keep your weight on?

I hope someone has some good info for me.. thanks to all of you!
I have tried 3 different meds and I get sick form them. I am debating whether to stop them and let my thyroid try to heal itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->