Has anyone planned an engagement party?

FayDanielle

Mia's Mummy <3
Reaction score
Hi ladies. :flower:

OH popped the question just over three weeks ago :)cloud9:) and I want to start organising our engagement party.

We know when we want it (March 5th) and where. A stadium we often go to, to watch rugby, has lovely function rooms available, my mum held her 50th birthday party there. I will be confirming the date with them tomorrow and paying the deposit for the room hire.

I know i'll have to start looking at invites. But i'm not sure what else i'll need to sort? :shrug: And when do I send invites out? I'm clueless!

I'd like to hire a photobooth, but OH thinks they're more wedding. It doesn't matter though, right?! :blush:

I think it depends on how soon you plan to get married. If you are going to get married in the next 12 months I would keep it low key as you will need the money for the wedding. We had a photo booth for a party recently and it cost £350, it was great though.

Congratulations!
Our engagement party was just at our house. I'd steer clear of too much weddingy stuff personally, I wouldn't want to hire a photobooth for an engagement party then want on eat my wedding, i think it would be a bit samey?
Other than that we had a lot of food, even more booze, and music. Can't think of much else but it depends on the sort of party you're having!

We're not looking to get married until '18/'19 and are considering getting married abroad - definitely not anytime soon! We've been to a few places ourselves with a photobooth and think they're a great touch but was worried about them being too wedding-y! But if we do go abroad to marry, we won't have that option.

Lots of food and booze is definitely on the cards, wishuwerehere! A party wouldn't be a party without it :haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->