Has anyone recently started a new workout routine?

delmeg10

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I started a new workout routine on Monday. I haven't "regularly" worked out in over 2 years. I used to practice yoga after I had my first son. Now that my second son is almost one year old, and I still have about 20 lbs to lose, I decided to start a new workout routine. I ordered Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred from Amazon and I absolutely love it so far. I plan on doing it six days a week with one day for rest.

I would love to add another workout DVD into my routine, since 30 Day Shred is only 22 minutes long. It really does make me sweat though. I'd like to do a 15-20 minute workout in the morning and 30 Day Shred in the afternoon. I wouldn't mind starting yoga again. I think that would be great to do in the morning, but I'd need to get a new DVD. I really don't like the two that I have now. Is there any yoga DVD's that anyone can suggest?

If you've recently started a new workout routine (DVD or your own thing), then join me in following our progress or just talking about our daily workouts. :happydance:

I started doing yoga every other day, its a weightloss routiene from a book i've had for years and lasts 30mins, if i manage it this week im going to add pilates onto it on the alternate days, then Zumba.

So:
Week One - Yoga
Week Two - Yoga and Pilates
Week Three - Yoga, Pilates and then Zumba twice on the wii

That's awesome kyrabeth! What book is it? I've never thought about practicing yoga from a book before. That's interesting.

Its called Yoga for Slimmers and includes a diet etc, will try and upload a picture!

I couldn't find it on Amazon, but I found this website, and I found this on ebay. I'm not sure if either of these are what you are referring to though. It looks like it's mainly available in the UK.

It is very good, has a eating plan in the back with recipes and a few chapters explaining the changes to mind and body etc

I like it cause i can have the TV on in the background

Hey there!
Just wanted to say 'good luck' with your training routine. I train 6x a week; I run, go to bootcamp classes, use a kettlebell, and sometimes do 30 Day Shred.
xx

That's great ILoveShoes! You can join in and post your progress if you want. I was 149 lbs when I started 30 Day Shred last Monday. I now weigh 147.5 lbs. I definitely have more energy then I did when I first started. I think I'm ready to move on to Level 2, since Level 1 is just too easy for me now.

I have the 30 day shred but am yet to try it, should i dare?? I also have Charlie Brooks that im going to start tomorrow as starting my slim fast diet from tomorrow!
What are loses like with the shred?

I would definitely start it mummysturt! Level 1 isn't all that hard, and you can stay at Level 1 for as long as you want. I'm trying to lose inches more than lose weight, so I'm not really sure. But, I read hundreds of reviews on 30 Day Shred before purchasing it, and I'm so glad I did. It gives me more energy and more strentgh throughout the day. Good luck mummysturt! :)

Thanks Delmeg, i go on holiday in 4 weeks so hoping this may tone me up a bit. Also joining my slimming group tomorrow so really is fresh start!!

I'm thinking that I want to add yoga into my daily routine. I think it would help with my stress levels. I think Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and The Biggest Loser: The Workout - Weight Loss Yoga both look "fun" in a yoga sense. But, I don't know if I should just concentrate on a yoga DVD that is strictly about learning poses and breathing techniques instead. I've also been wondering about Body by Bethanny. Has anyone tried any of these yoga DVD's? If so, let me know what you think. Someone was telling me how Yoga Meltdown is a pretty intense routine, and I'm not sure if I want to add that into the mix when I'm already doing 30 Day Shred every day. Decisions, decisions...

Hi girls. :) I just wanted to join in and say that I have recently started doing Wii Zumba. I'm loving it so far. :D I got it for my birthday, and have been doing the 'Let Loose' preset calendar workout week for the past week and a half (it's three 20 minute workouts a week - 2 beginner and 1 intermediate). Even though it's only 20 minutes a day, it makes me sweat quite a lot. :p

I'm not a weight-tracker at all; I generally stay around the 8st 12lb - 9st mark (124 - 126lbs) which I'm happy with, so I'm looking to tone up and sort out my bingo wings and thighs, which I'm very conscious about!

Also, after reading this thread, I have gone and bought some bits from Amazon - one being the 30 Day Shred DVD... which I had never heard of, but seeing that many of you have it, I had to check it out - the reviews on Amazon (.co.uk) are very impressive! I also bought the Yoga for Slimmers book that kyrabeth suggested, because I have wanted to get into yoga for a while now. :)

Yay mrsswaffer2b! I'm glad that we're so encouraging! I really hope you like 30 Day Shred! I am loving it! I've also just purchased Yoga for Slimmers thanks to kyrabeth. I'm so envious! I've heard so many good things about Zumba, and I don't have a gaming system to play any of those workout games on. :(

Keep us posted on how you like your new DVD and book! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->