Has anyone tried the Baking Soda Test and it was Correct?

americanhoney

Reaction score
I did the baking soda gender test last night and my result was...Girl.
I've had gender guesses based on the nub theory at 12w and they say boy, skull girl.

Anyway, has anyone done this test and later find it was accurate? Oh I'm really hoping for pink but preparing myself for blue. The chinese calendar also said girl but I know that's about 50/50.

To take the test use 1 to 2 tsp. of Baking soda and add in your urine. Girl Result = nothing (no fizz or bubbling). Boy result = Foam/Bubbling almost like beer. Would love to hear from you! :hugs:

I've had gender guesses based on the nub theory at 12w and they say boy, skull girl.

Anyway, has anyone done this test and later find it was accurate? Oh I'm really hoping for pink but preparing myself for blue. The chinese calendar also said girl but I know that's about 50/50.

To take the test use 1 to 2 tsp. of Baking soda and add in your urine. Girl Result = nothing (no fizz or bubbling). Boy result = Foam/Bubbling almost like beer. Would love to hear from you! :hugs:

I have done it like 3 times and every time said boy . I will let you know Monday if it was right . Chinese predictor also says boy . Ingender says girl and BnB says boy :shrug:

I have done it like 3 times and every time said boy . I will let you know Monday if it was right . Chinese predictor also says boy . Ingender says girl and BnB says boy :shrug:

Yes! Let me know when you find out-I cannot wait. Oh the suspense is killing me. So ready to know!
I went today with my sis-in-law to a pageant store because she is putting her little girl (my niece) in a pageant next month. I honestly wanted to cry when I walked in. I had my son with me and while I am SO thrilled to have him, thankful and so excited for the ballgames to come & seeing him go hunting with his daddy I just would love to experience the girly side too. I'm not giving up Hope! My husband really wants us to have a girl this time so I'll shut up he says. He doesn't care either way. He did say if we have a boy this time we can try one more time and I can tell you I will do some serious swaying!!

Yes! Let me know when you find out-I cannot wait. Oh the suspense is killing me. So ready to know!
I went today with my sis-in-law to a pageant store because she is putting her little girl (my niece) in a pageant next month. I honestly wanted to cry when I walked in. I had my son with me and while I am SO thrilled to have him, thankful and so excited for the ballgames to come & seeing him go hunting with his daddy I just would love to experience the girly side too. I'm not giving up Hope! My husband really wants us to have a girl this time so I'll shut up he says. He doesn't care either way. He did say if we have a boy this time we can try one more time and I can tell you I will do some serious swaying!!

I don't know why but I have strong feelings you are having a girl :baby: but I am not an expert :blush:
I pretty much don't even have a hope it's a girl for us and of course I kinda sad I am missing again on dress shopping and all the pink stuff but I just want a healthy baby and sibling for my son :thumbup:
I just wanna know for sure already because it drives me crazy . I am not even in mood for anything and passed 3 days having headaches which I am sure are from the constant thinking how everything is going to be Monday :haha:
Please let Monday be here fast :coffee:

Oh honey I know! No matter what the gender we are blessed to have babies! Can't wait to get some sweet baby sugar come July! :)
I'm like you really just ready to know so my mind can stop thinking and wondering. It's been so great talking on here...somebody that understands. My DH doesn't want to talk about it. You'll have to add me on FB so we can stay in touch easier. Excited for you!:hugs:

I know , I just want to start getting ready for everything . We gonna be pretty busy after the birth ... My mom is coming for a month , than my sister for a month and than OH's cousin for a month ... So kinda busy m but at least I am gonna have help with my son ;)
Do you know you can find out the gender as early as 10 weeks from blood work ? When they do your genetic screening test they can find out the gender from that ;)

I know , I just want to start getting ready for everything . We gonna be pretty busy after the birth ... My mom is coming for a month , than my sister for a month and than OH's cousin for a month ... So kinda busy m but at least I am gonna have help with my son ;)
Do you know you can find out the gender as early as 10 weeks from blood work ? When they do your genetic screening test they can find out the gender from that ;)

You'll have lots of help! My mom will stay with me for one week to help with the new baby. She does that with all of her grandbabies. I'm telling you it helps a lot. I had a very rough delivery with my son and could hardly get in and out of the bed or walk. Hope I don't have that again this time! Did you have that test done? All I know is they did a prenatal panel and I'm not sure what else? :shrug:
Is it elective?

You'll have lots of help! My mom will stay with me for one week to help with the new baby. She does that with all of her grandbabies. I'm telling you it helps a lot. I had a very rough delivery with my son and could hardly get in and out of the bed or walk. Hope I don't have that again this time! Did you have that test done? All I know is they did a prenatal panel and I'm not sure what else? :shrug:
Is it elective?

I did not have it done . You have to mention it during your app when they take the blood . I think you also have to find out if your insurance will cover it . Next time when they gonna do some blood work , ask about it . I think it's called genetic screening test .

I haven't seen my mom in 6 years ( actually any of my family ) , except for Skype . And especially because they are from Europe they gonna stay that long because the plane ticket is very pricey . Mom said she gonna try visit once a year from now on :happydance:
I had super easy delivery with my son and speedy recovery :happydance:
I hope it's gonna be better for you this time :hugs:

Did you post an early ultrasound pic? I think I guessed on something of yours? By the way, we share the exact same Anniversary! 6/4/11...Best day! I hope you get your girl. We didn't find out the gender, I'm due in 2 weeks and the suspense has been crazy. Like you, we have a boy. We are only having 2 kids so we will see! I think I'm having a boy, everyone around me says girl. My husband is convinced as well. Can't wait for D day

Did you post an early ultrasound pic? I think I guessed on something of yours? By the way, we share the exact same Anniversary! 6/4/11...Best day! I hope you get your girl. We didn't find out the gender, I'm due in 2 weeks and the suspense has been crazy. Like you, we have a boy. We are only having 2 kids so we will see! I think I'm having a boy, everyone around me says girl. My husband is convinced as well. Can't wait for D day

Yea I think I did! Oh wow! Can't believe we're coming up on 3 years married! :happydance:
Thank you! I can only hope now but I'm preparing to hear blue in a few weeks. I hope you get your girl too!! We wanted to be done with two but I've convinced my husband to shoot for 3 if this one is a boy. Scares me but I think I want three even if this was a girl. My life will be chaos but in a good way!! Congrats to you and PLEASE update me when you have your baby. I hope you have an easy and smooth delivery!! :hugs:

I hear you about the chaos! My little guy is just 11 months today! 2 babies under 1yr oh my lord...Hence why 2 kids is all we want haha! I will update. I'm a big believer in the Heartbeat theory (even tho it's proven to not be accurate). This baby has a slightly higher HB than my first born. Averaging 140. My first was never over 130. 140 still seems low to me! I guess we will see. I tried the Baking Soda Test also, and No Fizz at all. Hmmmm....

My son had HB around 157 whole pregnancy and this one 161 . And it looks like another boy . Will see ...

I hear you about the chaos! My little guy is just 11 months today! 2 babies under 1yr oh my lord...Hence why 2 kids is all we want haha! I will update. I'm a big believer in the Heartbeat theory (even tho it's proven to not be accurate). This baby has a slightly higher HB than my first born. Averaging 140. My first was never over 130. 140 still seems low to me! I guess we will see. I tried the Baking Soda Test also, and No Fizz at all. Hmmmm....

When my son was born his heartbeat was around a little above 140 bpm. This baby was 184 at 8 weeks, 165 at 10 weeks and I haven't checked since. Some doctors tell you the heartbeat count and others don't. My last doctor didn't but I did get to hear that sweet sound. I know you are dying to find out. Well, maybe about your 1st and 2nd babies get some age you'll think about #3. I NEVER thought I'd think about 3 babies (always wanted two) but now I don't know if I'll feel complete with 2 babies. I don't know how you've held out this long! :baby:

My docs don't believe in the HB thing either. They all think I'm having a girl as well. Maybe because I look horrible this time (ha!). I don't know how I held out this long but I'm sooooo glad we didn't find out. It was all my husband's idea. I had an early gender scan scheduled. I keep saying since he's getting all fat, hormonal, and carrying two back to back- I should NOT find out for him. HA!!! I'm carrying kinda low this time as well...

Here's my belly pic...Kinda low ya?

Attachments

• 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 10
My son had HB around 157 whole pregnancy and this one 161 . And it looks like another boy . Will see ...

I guess you never know huh? Do you take any stock in the skull shape? My son's was nice and round, this one's forehead is much straighter/flatter?

I guess you never know huh? Do you take any stock in the skull shape? My son's was nice and round, this one's forehead is much straighter/flatter?

My sons all pictures had flat forehead but this one I have only 3 pictures so far and 2 are flat and one is nice round :shrug:
I guess it depend on how well is the picture taken :shrug:
I also have completely different symptoms than with my son but also heard it's not a sign of different gender :shrug:
My face is swollen and have acne everywhere ( never had any ) and my hair is thinner and get greasy much faster ( opposite than with DS ). But I still think it's a boy since they were so sure at my NT scan :shrug:

My sons all pictures had flat forehead but this one I have only 3 pictures so far and 2 are flat and one is nice round :shrug:
I guess it depend on how well is the picture taken :shrug:
I also have completely different symptoms than with my son but also heard it's not a sign of different gender :shrug:
My face is swollen and have acne everywhere ( never had any ) and my hair is thinner and get greasy much faster ( opposite than with DS ). But I still think it's a boy since they were so sure at my NT scan :shrug:

With my boy I had the worst acne. With this one, I haven't had one breakout. My hair was amazing with my son, this one it's horrible. Then again, I did get pregnant so soon after the 1st, I'm sure my body is like wth are you doing to me...Hormones are weird.

Here's my belly pic...Kinda low ya?

I could never see if the belly is low or high :shrug:
My mom told me my belly was low with my son the whole pregnancy and now is high since the beginning .
I think low means boy and high and all around means girl :shrug:

Maybe the NT scan is wrong for you. I'm totally fine boy or girl. I think it would be really cool to have two boys so close in age. It would also be cool to have one of each. Either way it's all good, healthy is my only desire. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->