Has anyone tried the travel bands / acupressure bands for morning sickness?

Kandl123

Family of 3, soon to be 4
Reaction score
As title says really. If so, did they work? I'm seriously struggling and it's just getting worse. From the minute I wake up to the moment I go to sleep

I think they do help, but I'm still very sick. I've vomited 6 times already this morning.

I had them my first pregnancy when I was incredibly sick. They did not do it for me but are worth a try in case they work for you.

I'm literally wearing them now.
First started wearing them yesterday morning.
I remember wearing them in my first pregnancy and them providing relief.
I do feel much less nausea, but I am finding mine related to food so as long as I'm topped up on food it keeps the actual vomiting at bay.
With my first child I would just bomit all day every day until 16 weeks.
I say give them a go, it's worth a try!! They are difficult to keep on your acupressure point though!

Thankyou :). Once you've bought them, do they last or do you have to keep buying more?

They should last fine, I would get two pairs so that you can wash one pair.

Good idea :). I'm going to go down to the chemist now in hope they sell them

I got mine in a health food store, in case you can't find them in a pharmacy.

I love mine! They really take the edge off nausea. I feel good in the mornings so I just wait until after lunch when I start feeling bad to put mine on. I don't have vomiting like some of these other ladies, but my nausea is so bad I have a hard time doing anything but laying in a dark room. When I wear the bands I can still keep working, etc. Good luck! Make sure you put them on right, I have to readjust mine sometimes because they like to move slightly off those tendons.

Make sure they're tight enough and that you place them in the right area but they should help, how much varies.

I tried them this time around because I was having all nausea and vomiting at all random times of the day. I found th help about the forst couple of days but then I threw up while wearing them and after that they didn't seem to help. Also like some pp's have said, they slip a lot so it's hard to keep them in the right place. And also I found that after 2 days or so or wearing they hurt and made sore red indents where they'd been pressing which hurt the nerves going into my hands. But I did have to wear them almost 24/7 apart from sleeping so that may be why. Always worth a try :)

In my last pregnancy I used ginger root capsules morning and evening and that really helped. I was still throwing up but nowhere near as frequently. So maybe give that a go instead or as well as the bands :) good luck!

I tried them this time around because I was having all nausea and vomiting at all random times of the day. I found th help about the forst couple of days but then I threw up while wearing them and after that they didn't seem to help. Also like some pp's have said, they slip a lot so it's hard to keep them in the right place. And also I found that after 2 days or so or wearing they hurt and made sore red indents where they'd been pressing which hurt the nerves going into my hands. But I did have to wear them almost 24/7 apart from sleeping so that may be why. Always worth a try :)

In my last pregnancy I used ginger root capsules morning and evening and that really helped. I was still throwing up but nowhere near as frequently. So maybe give that a go instead or as well as the bands :) good luck!

Where do you get the ginger capsules from?

Err I think mine came from a health food shop. Holland and Barrett (in UK anyway not sure about other countries?) but I'm sure there are probably lots of reliable sources online :)

Thanks :). I'll take a look in there tomorrow.. I don't trust online stores haha

Good luck :) I hope you find something that works for you, nausea and sickness is awful :( xx

I loved mine, they were basically the only thing that made me feel human again in my morning sickness phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->