Has anyone used clomid without being on NHS

CAM

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been trying to conceive baby no 1 for over 18 months had all tests done and do not have any problems nor does my hubbie. But I do not ovulate regular used clear blue fertility monitor but doesn't show up any peak days my cycles are between 32-60 days so been told I would benefit from Clomid but I am overweight so will not be diagnosed on NHS

Has anyone gone private I am in West London or taken any other medicine to induce Ovulation

Thank you in advance

PRIVATE??? LOL I AM MY OWN DR. AT THIS POINT, BUT I AM WELL REASEARCHED.I ORDERED MY CLOMID ONLINE. I ORDERED OPK'S AND I TOOK IT FOR THE FIRST TIME MARCH 1ST.I AM ON CD 28 AS OF TODAY. I AM ALSO OVER WEIGHT, AND THAT IS WHY I ACTUALLY WENT PRIVATE. THE LAST TIME I SAW MY OBGYN WAS THE FIRST HE SAID" YOU HAVE PCOS, LOSE 100LBS YOUR TOO HEAVY FOR CLOMID, I LOST 60LBS AND CONCEIVED NATURALLY BUT HAD A M/C. THEN A YEAR LATER I HAVE REALLY GAINED BACK A THING, I HAVENT OVULATED...WTF??? ANYWAYS I TOOK MATTERS INTO MY OWN HANDS, I JUST FIGURED IF THE MAIL ORDER CLOMID GAVE MT OVERSTIMULATED OVARIES I COULD JUST GO TO THE ER LIKE ANYONE ELSE WOULD DO SEEING A DR. I DONT RECOMMEND IT BUT I AM DESPERATE. EVEN THOUGH I AM STILL OVERWEIGHT BY FOURTY POUND(AND EVEN IF I LOST IT ID STILL BE HEAVY I AM ALL BREAST AND BUM THOUGH LOL...) THE CLOMID WORKED!!!yay!!! I GOT A POSTIVE OPK CD19-20 BUT I STILL THINK ITS A LITTLE LATE. LATE CYCLE I TOOK MY CLOMID CD2-6, AND ON CD7 I TOOK 200MG WORTH OF SOY AND 120MG CD8.I HAD CRAMPS ON MY LEFT SIDE CD18. AND LIKE I SAID THE OPKS WERE VERY POSITIVE (DARKER THAN THE COMTROL LINE) CD19 AND 20.

Sorry I am new to this website what is OPK's? Are you in UK by any chance I am to thinking of going in this direction of ordering my own!! I am overweight granted but have no problems ie blood pressure is perfect always has been etc!!!!

Thanks for responding

Sorry hun... I am in the us, but you can order online too the ship every where it just takes almost a month to get though... Might be faster to the uk??? But i dont advise it... Like i said it risky and if you do it please research, baiscally i would tell you to research which cd you want to take it. How many mg, and emergency plan if clomid causes problem, the side effects.. So on... Do they have soy isoflavones in the uk? Yjey call the natures clomid. Which could be helpful in the mean time...google it!!!

i think its dangerous to order clomid over the net! you need to have tests done to make sure your body is ok for clomid. there are so many side affects to it and you need to be scanned etc... i wouldnt buy it over the counter or the net. i know you over weight so am i have to lose another 12lbs before i start my clomid, progesterone injections and baby aspirin. but i have had many tests done to make sure i need clomid. i have pcos aswell and a heart shaped uterus. you need to go see your gp and talk about going private. if u want to go private thts good cos then your seeing a doctor. but he still could say to you you really need to lose a few more pounds.

i think you should do more research into it all before buying over the net etc.. cos the side affects long term can be really bad on your body xx

My doctor gave me clomid without running any tests and im obese. I ovulated on 50 mg. I think I'll be ordering clomid online next. You can get 30 pills for $40. Thats a deal.

Sorry I am new to this website what is OPK's? Are you in UK by any chance I am to thinking of going in this direction of ordering my own!! I am overweight granted but have no problems ie blood pressure is perfect always has been etc!!!!

Thanks for responding

Opk = ovulation predictor kit

Taking clomid without seeing a doctor is like playing with fire. You're diagnosing yourself with a medical condition without proof. That would be like me saying, hey, I eat a lot of cholesterol......so I'm going to start taking blood thinners to avoid a heart attack. O_O
You could be doing a lot more harm than good.
I understand it feels like doctors give it out like candy, but any doctor will first conduct quite a bit of testing: bloodwork, vaginal exams, HSG to ensure there's no blockage...
You could potentially have an ectopic pregnancy or other problems if you force a pregnancy when there's something wrong.
If you're not ovulating on your own, there's almost always an underlying problem. Normally, a body doesn't just -stop- doing something randomly, especially since we are essentially designed to reproduce.

I wish you the best of luck, but I hope everything goes smoothly. Arrielle, I understand you had to lose weight, but really...if you're only a size 18, you're not so insanely overweight that it's unhealthy for you to get pregnant. I lost a bunch of weight, and still am, in preparation for becoming pregnant. My doctor saw me last time (also a size 18) and didn't hesitate to prescribe clomid. But this was after seeing an RE and having an extensive workup.

Hi,

I have been trying to conceive baby no 1 for over 18 months had all tests done and do not have any problems nor does my hubbie. But I do not ovulate regular used clear blue fertility monitor but doesn't show up any peak days my cycles are between 32-60 days so been told I would benefit from Clomid but I am overweight so will not be diagnosed on NHS

Has anyone gone private I am in West London or taken any other medicine to induce Ovulation

Thank you in advance

I agree with the other ladies about using caution with taking unprescribed clomid.
I would say if you want to look into taking anything, then look into the soy isoflavones. look it up online and you will find lots of info.
You can even buy this in boots and other places in the UK.
Good luck.
:hugs:

i think its dangerous to order clomid over the net! you need to have tests done to make sure your body is ok for clomid. there are so many side affects to it and you need to be scanned etc... i wouldnt buy it over the counter or the net. i know you over weight so am i have to lose another 12lbs before i start my clomid, progesterone injections and baby aspirin. but i have had many tests done to make sure i need clomid. i have pcos aswell and a heart shaped uterus. you need to go see your gp and talk about going private. if u want to go private thts good cos then your seeing a doctor. but he still could say to you you really need to lose a few more pounds.

i think you should do more research into it all before buying over the net etc.. cos the side affects long term can be really bad on your body xx

I GOT MY BFP AT 12DPO APRIL 1ST, 2011... CLOMID IS CLOMID...LOL:hugs:

CONGRATS!!!!! You must be so so happy xxxxxxxxxxx

lol... i am nerous really, i wont be happy until the baby gets here lol... how have you been doing??? what cd are you on today?

lol... i am nervous really, i wont be happy until the baby gets here lol... how have you been doing??? what cd are you on today?

Been having between 32-45 day cycles and now this one I am on is lasting 72 days and counting. On them cycles I have never had a peak ovulation using the clear blue fertility monitor so I think I am not ovulating at all but cant get any help till I loose weight just feels like never gonna get there cant even get a positive Ovulation test let alone a pregnancy one!! ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->