Has anyone used OPKs? Line getting lighter

Jennifaerie

Mummy to 1, baking #2
Reaction score
I posted this in TTC but no one replied :(

I've just started using OPKs because we had a couple of whoops moments at weekend (it'd be a very haoppy little accident) but we want to know what our chances are as I won't smoke/ drink in the 2WW if there's a chance.

I took an OPK at lunchtime yesterday and bits of it were as dark as the control line, but mostly much lighter. I then held my liquids and used another at 9pm which was far lighter (barely a line at all). Do you think I Ovd before I took them or is it normal to get variable results? I'll take another at lunchtime today. If that was my surge then I'll be stopping drinking/smoking now I think but if not I won't worry about it as it would have been a fair few days before!

I really dont have much experience with OPKs but I think the early in the day you use them them more accurate the result so that could be why you saw a difference when you tested in the afternoon!

If you could help it I would try not drinking / smoking for the next few days until you find out for sure!

Sorry I couldnt be much help but really hope you get the result that you want! xx

Thanks, I've been speaking to some girls about it on another thread and they think the darker one was the tail end of my surge so I've probably missed it. I'll stop smoking from 5/6 dpo i think if I don't get another dark line - tested today and it was lighter again. I won't be drinking again now for ages anyway so I'll see if AF arrives in 16 days

thanks for the help. I love your son's name btw!

If anyone else has anything to add please do xx

yes it's possible you had just caught the tail end of your LH surge. My OPKs say the best time to test is between 10am and 8pm, as LH is mainly produced during the day (the instructions can vary with different tests though). I think it's best to try and test at the same time each day for the most reliable results :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbishop
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->