Has anyone's anxiety gone through the roof since being pregnant?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
I mean I was bad before but now, I'm just ridiculous. I worry and get into a panic over EVERYTHING. Our boiler has started making a dodgy noise today, so I've turned it off because I think it's going to burst into flames over night.. I'm worrying about someone breaking into the house, constantly.. I'm overthinking every little thing! It's driving me insane :( I've only got this bad since being pregnant.. Is it just me? I know I need to go and see the doctor, but I keep putting it off..

I have suffered with anxiety since my DD was born. Exactly the same issues as you I worry and over think everything. It's probably your hormones causing it to be worse.

I would defiantly go to the doctors. Once you have been you will feel more at ease. Leaving it only making things worse for me. Thankfully I have been fine while pregnant.

Just keep telling yourself everything is fine!. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

I have had anxiety but yes it has definitely increased since being pregnant! I sound like a crazy person half the time.

I've been worrying about everything too. For example I used to have my son's bedroom window open a bit at night when it's warm but now I obsessively check it's closed and properly locked. I'm terrified someone's going to come through the window! When I try and go to sleep at night all my little worries seem so much bigger. Im much better in the mornings than night. I'm already worrying about sids and over heating the next baby...she's not even here yet! I haven't thought abut talking to my doctor about it, I was thinking it was normal pregnancy worries. Maybe I should! For me it's been much worse this time, I honestly it's because I'm having a girl and the hormones are effecting me differently. Hope you're feeling ok today xx

Me too! I've been a jumpy, nervous wreck! Especially with being on my own... Constantly convinced there's someone in my house!!! xxx

I had bad anxiety before pregnancy but it started in my first pregnancy. I have had months of psychotherapy now so am getting by pretty well but things do bother me. like if I have a funny feeling I worry its some thing terrible. and I'm supposed to start taking baby aspirin but I have stomach issues and have convinced myself if I start taking it I will end up with internal bleeding and die. its insane

I've been worrying about everything too. For example I used to have my son's bedroom window open a bit at night when it's warm but now I obsessively check it's closed and properly locked. I'm terrified someone's going to come through the window! When I try and go to sleep at night all my little worries seem so much bigger. Im much better in the mornings than night. I'm already worrying about sids and over heating the next baby...she's not even here yet! I haven't thought abut talking to my doctor about it, I was thinking it was normal pregnancy worries. Maybe I should! For me it's been much worse this time, I honestly it's because I'm having a girl and the hormones are effecting me differently. Hope you're feeling ok today xx

I could've written this post, I do the exact same with the window in my daughter's room!

Thank you for all the replies ladies, it's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm going to ring the docs and book in later. I need to, this is slowly driving me insane. I've always been anxious, but never to this extent. :( x

Before becoming pregnant I never had anxiety, but now OMG it's crazy.

I'm pretty bad too. I will mention it to my doctor next appointement to see what he says. Basically I only feel good and safe at home with OH, when I'm alone or at work, or on the bus I start panicking that something is going wrong and I won't be able to get to the hospital and I should be resting, etc etc.

Yep, mine. I think it's worse because I know I can't take anything to relax me, I have some Valium left over from years ago that the doctor perscribed me for my fear of flying, so if I ever got really really really anxious I would take one (we're talking 3 times a year max) or I would have a few drinks of wine to relax me....I miss that SO much!!

Yep, mine. I think it's worse because I know I can't take anything to relax me, I have some Valium left over from years ago that the doctor perscribed me for my fear of flying, so if I ever got really really really anxious I would take one (we're talking 3 times a year max) or I would have a few drinks of wine to relax me....I miss that SO much!!

Oh how I miss wine...it always helps me relax. I think I'm a much nicer person after a glass of wine 😛

Yep :( I need to keep an eye on my mental health as I had pnd with my first. Its a rotten feeling, totally sympathise with all of you ladies.

Yes, always worried about baby or something going wrong. Pregnancy increased levels by like 10x

I cannot even tell you how much I understand! My anxiety since going into my second trimester has been INSANE. I worry about absolutely everything. I don't want to go out because I am petrified of getting into an accident. I obsess on germs, so even grocery shopping is something that I dread. I end up having to clean and sanitize everything. Time consuming doesnt even begin to explain this anxiety.

I am frantic that even if i try to avoid outside germs and illnesses, my husband will bring them home anyway, and I can't avoid it. I have been to my ob's office unannounced twice now, the first time convinced that I had a uti or some infection (I didnt) and the second time because I felt they were dismissing my symptoms this past week of a stomach bug or food poisoning (another huge fear of mine).

I know that my anxiety stems from the fact that this preg was so hard to acheive and it is our absolute last chance ever... So I have completely gone off the deep end in worrying. I have been convinced that my pregnancy should be considered high risk, even after being told by my doctor that it is not. I am constantly expecting for something to go wrong. It has been HELL. :(

You are not alone in your anxiety!!! Please hang in there and know that there are people here whom understand what youre going through, you can talk to us anytime!

Gosh, you poor thing. Anxiety is such hard work! How far along are you? Hopefully as you get further along you'll relax a bit. Must be such an added pressure knowing how difficult it was to get this far. I've just hit 24 weeks and I must say it's made a difference to my anxiety levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->