Has being pregnant made you lazy about your own appearance?

Surprisingly, I still care. I didn't think I was going to and I talked to a few pregnant woman when I first found out I was and they told me I'll start not to care. But I still do my hair, my nails... I deffo still put on makeup when I go out. I make sure that whatever I'm wearing looks half decent... and I got 10 days to go till Dday!

Only thing I'm worried about is not having the time after baby toes is here....but then again, I'm sure I'll just have to make time.

In my 1st and 2nd trimester I didn't care much...I had too many problems with the pregnancy to care. In the 3rd trimester I'm opposite I shower more, put more make-up on and do my hair all the time :)

Surprisingly, I still care. I didn't think I was going to and I talked to a few pregnant woman when I first found out I was and they told me I'll start not to care. But I still do my hair, my nails... I deffo still put on makeup when I go out. I make sure that whatever I'm wearing looks half decent... and I got 10 days to go till Dday!

Only thing I'm worried about is not having the time after baby toes is here....but then again, I'm sure I'll just have to make time.

Yep...you'll find time. I have 4 kiddos and I'm always up and bathed before I get the 3 little ones around for the day/school while my oldest is 12 so she gets herself ready. Now with number 5 being here soon and having to have 5 kids ready and 3 of them off to school by 8am will be a challenge so I'm guessing my mornings will be starting about an hr ealier as I have to get ready first :thumbup: I refuse to let myself go just because I have 5 kiddos...I want to be a sexy momma too :haha:

Hmmm, nope, I have always been lazy about my appearance! Hee hee. I never wear make-up to work (I don't think it's necessary - it's not really about laziness - I just don't see why I should have to wear make-up when men aren't expected to!). I wash and brush my hair everyday but I have never had any idea how to style it or anything. I usually wear it loose or in a pony tail! I do sometimes wear make-up at the weekend or if I am going out! Mind you, I would come up in spots if I wore make-up every day (dodgy skin!).

Same! i dont bother my clothes also dont fit so it annoys me when im told i should make more of an effort coz all my clothes roll up and show off my strech marks:growlmad: So i dont bother doing make up ever (unless i am going into town) and my hairs in a bobble pretty much all the time, its so much better relaxing in my OH's jumper and joggy trousers. As long as i get a bit of make up on after labour 4 pics :) xx

I refuse to let myself go just because I have 5 kiddos...I want to be a sexy momma too :haha:

If you can do this with 5, I don't see what the problem is to do it with one. Hehe. I love that you are not giving up. :happydance:

:shrug: maybe im weird but the bump has made me more self concious, i feel like an unattractive heifer and people (the neighbours mostly) keep looking at me and pointing me out to their mates as my bump is small and thats fascinating apparently.

Sorry rambling, so basically i like to do my makeup and style my hair everyday without fail! I always ensure my clothes r nice and i look repsectable, probably more so than before i got pregnant, thinking back to mad braless school runs where a hat hid my hair i probably am more groomed now than pre-pregnancy :haha:

i just feel so on display i dont want people to say c that pregnant tramp over there? Isnt she tiny? PMSL. Silly i know!

I used to get my hair high-lighted and cut every 6 weeks, but haven't been able to get to the hairdressers even for the basic trim in 9 months because of morning sickness etc :dohh: so dyed my hair brown and cannot WAIT for LO to pop out in to the world so I can scoot to the hairdressers (when I'm ready to leave LO) and spend about 5 hours in there getting my hair back to the way it was!

As for clothes, pffft.

Being pregnant has made me more aware of how I look, so I make more of an effort as I feel so fat and frumpy.
If I'm not going out then I won't bother with make up, but I still make sure I am washed and dressed. Just makes me feel a bit more human.

I make an effort to look tidy every day! Have been determined since the beginning not to become a 'jogging bottom pregnant person'. I decided that pregnancy is not an excuse to let myself go

I've definitely let go. I take care of basic hygiene daily and I do put on makeup when I go out...Usually about 2-3 times a week I'll get fully dressed. But days at home I feel overwhelmed by everything and usually can't be bothered. The day after my second was born, I woke up, showered, put on a cute dress, did my hair/makeup.... It felt great. Just was really happy not to be pregnant anymore~!

It's the opposite for me - pregnancy makes me even more determined to *try* to make myself look nice! Earlier on, I felt so sick and then in pain with spd that it made me really miserable, so making an effort to put some make up on was the one thing I could do to make me feel a bit better. Now I just feel huuuge so it's nice to put a bit of make up on and wear something nice to try to distract from that!! Some days I'm much more slobby but if I'm going out and about I like making an effort and then it makes me feel really great about how I look and my lovely huge bump :) Although I have to admit I can't wait until I can fit into my old clothes again LOL.

I was lazy anyway :rofl: but yes, pregnancy on the whole has made me more tired. Sometimes I have a burst of energy and straighten my hair or do my make up but most of the time I just tie my hair up and wander round with skin like a piece of pizza.

Sexy!! :smug:

Considering my idea of "making an effort" is now brushing my hair...Yep..Safe to say I've let myself go :haha:

If I'm going out I do wear nice clothes, and do my hair. Far to lazy for make up though. :D

I'm still making the effort with my hair/make-up/tan/nails, habit as well as needing to feel better about myself at the moment, but not fussed with clothes really cos nothing fits and it just depresses me! I'd live in PJ's if I could tbh x

My head/face is usually ok, but lower you look, less effort goes in it. I love my heels (and I have a nasty feeling none of them will fit after this is over) but all I wear now are these beat up loafers and compression socks. All my pregnancy pants are close relatives to sweatpants and although I have some cute tops, they are still very relaxed. I have enjoyed this way of dressing so far, but getting little sick of it now.

i am exactly like that. before i was pregnant i would take time everyday to get ready and look nice,now most days my hair is up. i never used to wear it up. i used to wash it every 2nd day now sometimes i leave it 3 days as im havn baths instead and dnt wash hair in the bath but im just not bothered if its up and greasy! i have no nice clothes that fit i mainly just wear tshirts and leggings! cant wait until my baby is born and i can start getting my old figure back and start to feel good. its also made my sex drive go as i nevr feel sexy.
oh the joys of pregnancy hehe x

I let myself go too. I used to wear heels, get my nails done, eye brows waxed...everything! I was a girly girl. Soon as I got pregnant, I stopped putting on make up, stopped going to the nail shop, quit wearing heels, skirts, I just let it all go. I guess I figured "I'm not trying to impress anyone or get a man so why do I need to dress up?" lol Like when your pregnant, you can barely go out to social events. Or at least that's how I see it. I didn't even go anywhere for the last 9 months! So yea, I think its okay to fall off a little while your pregnant. I'll be having my baby this Friday, so I'll be back in the game very soon. ;)

I only do myself up now if theres a reason ... like Im going to Hooters this sat for a friends bday meal so il be getting done up then..
.. and then on the monday as i have a baby shower! but apart from that I cant be assed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->