Has/is anybody encapsulating their placenta?

xxLeighxx

mummy to Aaliyah & Seth
Reaction score
Hey ladies, just wondering if anybody is, or has in previous pregnancies, encapsulating their placenta after they give birth! I find it very interesting and I am wondering whether or not to do it, whether its worth the money, and what reviews people have on it xx

I watched a programme on it and it sounds really interesting, do you know how much it costs to do?

From what ive read, about 100 to 140 ish! I just want to know if it actually benefits you or is more of a placebo effect instead! Hopefully some women on here have some insight for us :)

I've heard it's great for milk supply, that's all I can remember now, I remember being impressed though lol.

Ive read it helps stop bleeding quicker and picks up your iron levels, helps milk supply, helps sleeping, relaxing and post natal depression, also as theyre frozen can be kept until the menopause and helps lots with that! I see you hope for a home birth? I am too, was discussing it with my mw today, did you have one with your previous? Xx

Oh yes I remember about the PND as well, sounds like magic stuff! No I had a hospital water birth last time, we have moved and the hospital here has a really bad reputation plus I laboured quickly with DS so hoping this time to have a quick water birth! Have you birthed at home before?

Yes I did it. I still have 90+ left in my freezer!! If you can afford it, why not!?

I asked about this in 3rd tri yesterday. My doula offers the service as part of her package deal and I am going to go for it. I am worried I will have PPD and it is really supposed to help combat that. I also have PCOS so I am hoping the extra hormones will help keep my milk supply good to go for baby. My husband and I are keeping our plans to ourselves though...so many people are disgusted by it or have something negative to say about it and I just can't handle the stress of negativity right now.

Oh yes I remember about the PND as well, sounds like magic stuff! No I had a hospital water birth last time, we have moved and the hospital here has a really bad reputation plus I laboured quickly with DS so hoping this time to have a quick water birth! Have you birthed at home before?

I had a horrible experience at my hospital with my DD! As my waters had broke they kept me in but as I wasnt dilated they put me on a ward! I was on the floor in pain begging them to check me again and they were just rude to me, when the decided to my daughter was crowning so the rushed me to delivery where she was born within 10 mins! This time I dont want to experience that and I really want a waterbirth too which cant be guaranteed in a hosp, I have to ask my consultant on friday though as baby only has 1 kidney and that may now make me higher risk :( my house is a 2 minute drive from the hosp soif we needed to go for any reason we would be there so quick! Xx

Bass desire - did you find them a good thing to do or not much difference? Would you do it again?

Mrs maybrey - yeh I know how you feel, some people just like to have their opinion before they know anything about it! You are due a few weeks ahead of me so I may need to check in and see how you find them :)

Xx

I had a horrible experience at my hospital with my DD! As my waters had broke they kept me in but as I wasnt dilated they put me on a ward! I was on the floor in pain begging them to check me again and they were just rude to me, when the decided to my daughter was crowning so the rushed me to delivery where she was born within 10 mins! This time I dont want to experience that and I really want a waterbirth too which cant be guaranteed in a hosp, I have to ask my consultant on friday though as baby only has 1 kidney and that may now make me higher risk :( my house is a 2 minute drive from the hosp soif we needed to go for any reason we would be there so quick! Xx

Oh that sounds horrid, our local hospital has very similar stories, they are so stretched woman have to labour in triage till the last minute. I can definitely vouch for water births. Oh I'm so sorry about your baby, I hope this won't cause too many complications for them when they're born? Hope you get a better birth this time, the one thing that keeps me going is that whatever happens second births tend to be quicker so hopefully wherever it happens it won't take too long xx

Well I have a scan friday to see whether the remaining kidney is working okay and providing it is theres no reason baby shoul lead a normal life, will just need check ups and annual scans! It was obviously heartbreaking when we found out but it couldve been alot worse! Baby just wants to be unique :) I was only 18 when I had my daughter and this time around feel like I want to do things differently and I am alot more enthusiastic towards the breast feeding, home births and placenta encapsulation! I love how you are planning things so early :) you are much more organised than me lol! Xx

Well I have a scan friday to see whether the remaining kidney is working okay and providing it is theres no reason baby shoul lead a normal life, will just need check ups and annual scans! It was obviously heartbreaking when we found out but it couldve been alot worse! Baby just wants to be unique :) I was only 18 when I had my daughter and this time around feel like I want to do things differently and I am alot more enthusiastic towards the breast feeding, home births and placenta encapsulation! I love how you are planning things so early :) you are much more organised than me lol! Xx

Good luck I hope it all goes ok. I know what you mean, I was a little older at 22 when I had DS but he wasn't planned, I was still living at home, this time around it's completely different, we're much more prepared so I really want to try and do it and do things properly this time :)

I did mine, and I do it professionally. It helps with lactation, PPD and baby blues, insomnia, energy, iron stores, etc. I've been doing it for 4 years and have not had a bad review yet.

Good luck I hope it all goes ok. I know what you mean, I was a little older at 22 when I had DS but he wasn't planned, I was still living at home, this time around it's completely different, we're much more prepared so I really want to try and do it and do things properly this time :)

Aw thanks hun :) yeh that was the same as me, I was at home still etc, this time is going to be so different :) I just cant wait to meet him or her now :) 12 weeks left :) im sure they will fly by too as I have a very busy may, weddings, moving house, holiday :) xx

I did mine, and I do it professionally. It helps with lactation, PPD and baby blues, insomnia, energy, iron stores, etc. I've been doing it for 4 years and have not had a bad review yet.

Do you really find it makes a big difference then? Definitely worth doing? I havent found any bad reviews yet, just wanted some personal opinions though x

I also do it as a business, and haven't had a bad review. All the mummies I've encapsulated for that didn't have it done in earlier pregnancies and have for subsequent ones are amazed by the difference.

I didn't do mine last time but will be doing it this time around and can't wait!

Yes, I had mine done and also drank a placenta smoothie just after birth. I can't say it did much for my milk supply because it was pretty horrendous, but that was probably because my daughter didn't latch until 6 days pp and had lots of latch issues that affected my supply. I don't think any 'pill' could have improved that. But I'd say it was great for energy and mood. I started to feel a little down on day 4 pp but started my placenta pills on day 5 and have felt great since. I always coped well with the lack of sleep and just felt really upbeat. Who's to say it had anything to do with the placenta pills, but they certainly didn't hurt. I'll do it again next time as well.

I'm doing it, I thought why not really, it's not ridiculously expensive so it's worth doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->