has ovulation happened? need advice

ttc12328

Reaction score
I usually have a 33 day cycle and ovulate on average based on past 11 months on cd 18. I'm now on cd 26 and barely any line on opk which is unusual. I had a line a tad lighter than the control line in the morning cd 16 but four hours later nothing. My period is supposed to be due in four days. Do I take a pregnancy test if my period doesn't show up or do I keep testing with opks? This is my first month using them.

So you didn't have an actual positive on your OPK this whole cycle? I've heard that you can still ovulate even though you dont get the +OPK... how many days in a row did you test?

I've been testing since cd 12 twice a day and now 3 times a day and the strips are ultra sensitive. The result barely any line white as snow. On cd 16 the line was nearly same colour as control line et I thought I would have got my actual positive the next day but nope.

Do you temp? It can be a bit difficult to confirm ovulation using opks alone, as you could miss your surge (though it sounds like you probably woudlnt have). Temping can definitely help pinpoint and confirm ovulation with a temp spike. Sounds like you're in the wait and see boat, but I would keep testing with opks at least for a few more days until AF shows or you get a + (or you get close enough that an early detection pregnancy test could be used, if you wanted to test that too)

I dont temp. When I got the test out the bin it was as equally dark as the test line but I know u are not supposed to read after ten mins. Maybe it's just not the right time for me. All this bedding is making me tired.

I would say your test on cd 16 was your positive. so you ovulated cd17. have read lots of girls don't get a super dark +

If the 2nd line is the same as the control line, then that is considered +. It's really frustrating ttc.

LH surges can be restricted to a matter of hours. I haven't been good at the OPKs this month but a couple of months ago I had an almost-positive OPK in the morning, a definite positive in the afternoon and the next morning the second line was fading again. Could be that you didn't test right on the money but that you did ovulate around the time of the two dark-ish lines. If you have lots of OPKs then carry on, otherwise you could have a few days break and plan to do a preg test after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->