Has this happened to anyone???

Bensmom126

Reaction score
(I also posted this in TTC 35+)

Hi ladies.
If I am pregnant, I would be 5 weeks today. I took a few dollar tree tests and they were all extremely faint positives. I just don't feel that I can rely on them. I am a week late for AF. I have been having mild cramping on and off for two weeks now. No spotting at all. I went for beta (blood) test yesterday and it is negative. I am Never late for AF. Also, I do not have any of my usual PMS symptoms. I will be going in again next week for another blood test.
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone here. Pregnant with negative blood test in early pregnancy.
Thanks!!

Yes. With DS2 I had three urin tests and two blood tests between 4 weeks and 8 weeks before my bfp finally showed at 9 weeks. No explanation as to why false negatives or heavy cramping. (sometimes was so bad I would almost pass out!)

I took a test and got 2 faint positive tests, then negatives and a negative blood test, i had suffered a chemical pregnancy, but didnt bleed until my next period, hope this isnt the case for you, good luck x

Kajastarlight.......wow!! So, there may still be hope. Did you feel that you were pregnant even with the negatives? What made you go back to Doctor at 9 weeks?
I have had mild on and off cramping everyday for 2 weeks. No other symptoms really.

Thanks!!!

Kajastarlight.......wow!! So, there may still be hope. Did you feel that you were pregnant even with the negatives? What made you go back to Doctor at 9 weeks?
I have had mild on and off cramping everyday for 2 weeks. No other symptoms really.

Thanks!!!

Well, the thing is, one day I started getting these crazy bad cramps. they got worse and worse until they were just as bad as labor pains. I went to the ED and they did a pregnancy test, which was negative (i was probably around 3 weeks pregnant at that point.) they did an ultrasound and discovered that I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and would probably never be able to have any more kids because my hormones were so whacked out, and they also found a mass in my uterus they needed to remove and biopsy. For a few weeks I had many tests all indicating something very weird was going on. It was at the appointment when they were going to remove the "mass" from my uterus that I finally got my BFP! It's lucky for me its procedure to do a pregnancy test "just in case" before they do a D&C.

Wow! That's amazing. Sorry you had so much pain, but happy you got your bfp. Thanks for sharing.

i had urine test stay negative till i was three months but the blood test showed positive at 10 weeks....:)

I had urine tests show negative till 3 months also , I would ask for a quanative beta sounds like they may have did a qualative beta

I had urine tests show negative till 3 months also , I would ask for a quanative beta sounds like they may have did a qualative beta

qualitative still goes by numbers...but just gives people a yes or no..
not sure if people know this...

the machine reads numbers to see if your pregnant but gives out yes or no to people....

so if it says no, then your probably not unless you just got pregnant and then the numbers did not go up to get read on any test

Thanks ladies. Still no AF. I did get another very very faint positive on dollar test. :wacko:

Did you get a negative blood test before 10 weeks?? Just wondering. Sorry......wrong quote. Oops.

Not for me but it did my friend. She took a test when she would have been 11 weeks and it was negative. She didn't get a BFP for a month after that and found out at 15weeks!!

i had urine test stay negative till i was three months but the blood test showed positive at 10 weeks....:)

Wow...Did you get a negative blood test before 10 weeks?

i was taking home hpts but knew i was pregnant and they where not coming up....so by ten weeks i got a blood test...

to sustain a pregnancy your blood needs to have hcg in it and rising so if i got it ealier i would have seen it...but i didnt...

i think for the people who get a negative blood test so late its a lab screw up...cause there is noway for your body to sustain any pregnancy if there is no hcg in it....your baby needs that to be in you....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->