Has this happened with your baby?

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
I need to know if this has happened with anyone Else's baby or if it's something I should be concerned about and take him to the doctor's.....

Right around Halloween I became sick and sadly Noah got his first cold, he also started the process of cutting his first teeth. The cold lead him to getting a double ear infection and he took 10 day antibiotic treatment which he has finished. Around this time Noah stopped sleeping through the night and I figured it was because he was all stuffed up, but it wasn't *to bad*.

Now he is better no stuffy nose etc, but it's almost like he has regressed to being a newborn with sleeping at night. I put him to sleep at the same time and he will sleep maybe 3-4 hours then wake up, I'll feed him he goes back to sleep and then he is up every 1-2 1/2 hours all night. I don't know what to do :( He use to sleep 10-12hours a night(without waking!). Now he is so cranky from not getting enough sleep. So did this happen with anyone else?

Sorry hun...i cant really help...wanted to say i hope he gets better soon :hugs: xx

I'm not sure either, but since he was sleeping through and now isn't it might be worth checking out

this happened to summer but it was while bk, she went bk to been like a newborn at night. it was sooo tiring, but eventually it got better again altho even now she is not a great sleeper, like she was before this little episode. i just put it down to teeth etc. if you are worried tho it wont hurt to get him checked out :hug:

No,but he went thru a lot....give it time.Good luck!

This happened to me the other week. Sam had been sleeping through at night for a good few weeks, and then we went back to the UK for 3 weeks. I fully expected to have problems with sleeping there as we were staying in various different places, but he slept through no probs. It wasn´t until we got back home that he started waking up in the night all the time - nightmare, when you´ve got used to him sleeping through. I think though it all coincided with him having been ill with diarrhea, teeth starting to make their presence know and a growth spurt. Things seem to be getting better now and we´re back to him waking at 4am for a feed and then going back to sleep again til about 8am.

Hang on in there, it will get better, but if you are really concerned it can´t hurt to get him checked out at the docs.

We are having a similar issue though LO is a bit younger than yours (4 months) But when I mentioned this to a couple of friends of LO's they said that it does happen with some LO's.

If you are concerned though go get him checked better safe than sorry and it will help to put you at ease. :hugs:

Yes, Jack was ill a couple of months back & started waking at all hours - he didn't stop when he got better, in fact he got worse & wouldn't even go down to sleep anywhere except for in my arms/sling or his bouncy chair (once asleep). He would only ever go to sleep if he was being rocked also & being over 20lbs now, me not having the strongest of backs with him wriggling & fighting his sleep in my arms, it was not a good thing. That's why I have had to let him CIO & we are getting into a good nightime pattern now where he will fall off to sleep on his own & sleep all night. It has been hard, & it still isn't perfect, but we are getting there & it has been worth it. I know CIO isn't for everyone, I always hated the thought of it, but it came to necessity in the end & luckily it looks as though it is paying off.

This sounds SO MUCH like Noah. I have to rock him to sleep and it is getting hard he's around 19-20lbs. I wish I could do the CIO method. But Noah has such bad reflux that if I let him cry for more then 3 mins he will projectile vomit everywhere. I guess maybe he is spoiled. He has to go back to the doctor to follow up with the ears and another flu shot, so I'll speak to him then. I also think he has a wart :cry: My step daughter has one on her finger and for the longest time I thought it was a scar from an IV but it has gotten bigger, so yet another thing to talk to them about!

Yes, Jack was ill a couple of months back & started waking at all hours - he didn't stop when he got better, in fact he got worse & wouldn't even go down to sleep anywhere except for in my arms/sling or his bouncy chair (once asleep). He would only ever go to sleep if he was being rocked also & being over 20lbs now, me not having the strongest of backs with him wriggling & fighting his sleep in my arms, it was not a good thing. That's why I have had to let him CIO & we are getting into a good nightime pattern now where he will fall off to sleep on his own & sleep all night. It has been hard, & it still isn't perfect, but we are getting there & it has been worth it. I know CIO isn't for everyone, I always hated the thought of it, but it came to necessity in the end & luckily it looks as though it is paying off.

This sounds SO MUCH like Noah. I have to rock him to sleep and it is getting hard he's around 19-20lbs. I wish I could do the CIO method. But Noah has such bad reflux that if I let him cry for more then 3 mins he will projectile vomit everywhere. I guess maybe he is spoiled. He has to go back to the doctor to follow up with the ears and another flu shot, so I'll speak to him then. I also think he has a wart :cry: My step daughter has one on her finger and for the longest time I thought it was a scar from an IV but it has gotten bigger, so yet another thing to talk to them about!

Aww - I couldn't do it if there was any risk of Jack being sick either, but he has only been sick twice since he has been born & that was a dribble - he is too greedy to let anymore go :rofl:
Good luck at the Doctors - hope it goes well!:hugs:

My LO did a similar thing. He was sleeping through and then started waking up +- 6 times per night. We put it down to teething, but turns out we were wrong. Just over a week ago we turned our outside light off and gave him a soft toy in his bed. Since then he has slept through beautifully. They apparently have sleep cycles and when they come out of one sleep cycle, they need some sort of comfort to go into the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->