Has this worked for anyone? (morning sickness)

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
Since I found out I was pregnant, I've had really bad nausea and food aversion. I'm 5w, 1d now and it's gotten to the point where I can hardly eat. Absolutely nothing sounds good and once I actually find something that I can tolerate, I don't get a whole lot down before I feel sick. In the last 2 weeks, I've lost about 10 pounds because I just can't force anything down. Fortunately, I've been okay with fluids so far, though.

I brought it up to my doctor and he said that typically, he likes to try a mixture of B vitamins and unisom before moving on to other medications.

Has anyone tried this? How did it work for you?

I've been taking a vitamin b complex that include folic acid and I think they are helping. Still get queasy moments and stomach aches but not as often x

Ask if he can prescribe the slow release formula called Diclegis in the USA (Diclectin in Canada). It contains the same medications as Unisom and Vit B6, however the slow release formula really helps. I was like you a week ago, miserable and unable to even keep water down. I now take 4 pills a day (I do one every 6 hours, most people do 2 at bedtime and one during the day if they have all day morning sickness). For me, the 4 a day schedule has worked wonders. It takes awhile to kick in and you can't miss a dose because it has to build up in your system (it's NOT a "take as needed" medication; take it continuously). They say to stay on it until at least 13 weeks.

Honest. I feel a million times better. Gone 24 hours now without vomiting though I still have nausea and sometimes have to really hold myself together. But I'm functional. And eating and drinking again.

Diclegis. Every woman deserves it.

(it will make you really sleepy at first, but it's kinda nice to just konk out for awhile).

Aidensmomma the vitamin B6 and unisom combination sometimes works for me, sometimes doesn't, so I was a little hesitant about trying Diclegis since it is pretty much the same thing. I wondered how Diclegis worked for people. Thanks, awnmyown for posting about your experience with it. I think I might now since I've been having trouble with awful morning sickness.

I still take Diclegis 2 pills every night. It seems to make things more tolerable but not completely gone. Even at 20 weeks I'm still vomiting occasionally, but I also suffer from hypermesis.

PS - it's great you can keep up with liquids. That's the biggest concern, I myself had to get IV fluids around 8 weeks because I couldn't keep sips of water down. It was awful!

I was put on motion sickness tablets oddly they really helped. I was off work for like 2 months couldn't move off without throwing up not even water stayed down

I have vit b and magnesium and it's worked wonders

Thank you for your replies, ladies. :flower:

I went to urgent care tonight because I've been so incredibly dizzy and lightheaded (which I'm sure is due to not being able to eat) and the doctor that saw me did prescribe diclegis. Going to start it tonight and see how I feel over the next few days. FX it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->