Hate being sick while pregnant

UnderPressure

Mother of one plus a bun
Reaction score
I don't have much patience for illness at all generally. When I do get sick, it's pretty rare but typically hits me like a freight train.

Currently I'm sick with a pretty nasty cold. I am so congested and have the absolute worst sinus headache. Ordinarily I would take something, but am so paranoid about causing problems for the baby that I just won't take anything while pregnant. I hate this and I hope this pregnancy doesn't follow in the footsteps of my last. I was sick with colds several times and also got a stomach bug from my husband while pregnant with my son. I don't have TIME for this. I have a two year old, a farm, and a business.

I always get the worst upper respiratory infections and head colds when pregnant. Every time!!! I got sick with an upper respiratory infection over two weeks ago, and I'm still coughing now!!! Just can't kick it. We have kids and things to do - we don't get sick days! Haha. At least my superhuman pregnancy strength keeps me from getting those tummy bugs. I've cared for my three bigger kids with tummy bugs several times without catching one throughout my last pregnancy and this one. In fact, my second-born just woke up with an upset stomach. Oh jeez. Not this again. Good luck! Tea, cupping and a vaporizer help me out a ton!!

Right there with you! I'm a day behind you and have spent the last week with a horrible cold and also had a stomach bug! I have to sing solo at church this weekend and trying to get my voice back. I've also stayed away from taking anything but I'm so miserable...ugh!!

Ugh, me too. I have a cold that's been relentless. The sinus pressure is killing me and I can't breathe through my nose. I was trying to tough it out but I really was having a hard time breathing so hubs picked me up some Halls and Vicks vapor rub. I feel guilty but I'm wiped out and really hope it lets up soon.

Thanks for sharing ladies. Makes me feel less alone with this nonsense.

When we were TTC I got sick with the worst cold. I wanted desperately to take a dayquil/nyquil and sleep it off, or some ibuprofen to help with the aches/pains/ and fever. But i knew there was a slight possibility that i might be pregnant so i held off. It was SO miserable! I think when you are pregnant your immune system must be pretty sucky, because i always get sick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->