• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Hates crib

Wynterheart

Reaction score
My baby hates her crib. She refuses to sleep in it. She'll happily nod off in her bouncer or swing. When I try to move her she'll wake up and cry If I try to leave her in the crib. Shes only 10 weeks old I dont want to let her cry it out. Is it horrible that I let her sleep in her bouncer and swing? She spends a lot of time in either one. We swtich a lot during the day and she also has her tummy time on the floor on a blankie. Of course she's in my arms or hubbys arm a lot of the day also. Anyone have this same issue?

My baby hates her crib. She refuses to sleep in it. She'll happily nod off in her bouncer or swing. When I try to move her she'll wake up and cry If I try to leave her in the crib. Shes only 10 weeks old I dont want to let her cry it out. Is it horrible that I let her sleep in her bouncer and swing? She spends a lot of time in either one. We swtich a lot during the day and she also has her tummy time on the floor on a blankie. Of course she's in my arms or hubbys arm a lot of the day also. Anyone have this same issue?

I still have this problem with my 8.5 month old DD. She falls asleep in her bouncer, she doesn't fit in her swing anymore lol. She'll fall asleep in my arms also... But the moment I try to put her down, whether it be in her crib, on a pallet of blankets on the floor she almost instantly wakes up. I'm not sure what I can do to help, I'm still at a loss for what to do myself. My hubby and I have tried letting her cry it out a few times in her crib, and she usually falls asleep after at least 15 minutes, I just hate hearing her cry like that. I hope other moms can help you better than I can. Just wanted to let you know, you're not alone. :hugs:

we had this issue when LO was tiny. In fact she spend most of her first 3 months sleeping either in our arms or in her pram carrycot. Just a guess but we put it down to the bars and not feeling secure so we put some rolled up towels down each side and it helped her to get used to the crib.
Probably not advised in the same way that bumpers aren't but it was a considered decision on our part

oops - just noticed you're in the states so prob mean cot as opposed to crib uk style = bassinet?
Is it maybe just too big and scary for her?? We have velcro breathable bumpers in cot now which are useless now she can pull them down but would work if it's the bars which are the issue!

I've never been fixated on getting my baby to sleep in a particular place, if they are happy and safe (airways open, not going to suffocate) I let him be! I co sleep too as babies need to be near their mums. Just do it safely. Cots and cribs are man made inventions! Why should a baby prefer the isolation of one?

I have the same problem with my 4 week old she will not sleep in her moses basket but will sleep in her swing chair, next to me or in my arms. At the moment she co-sleeps which is not the choice I wanted but i decided that I needed rest as was no good to her exhausted by constantly having her cry all night, settling her, feeding her, putting her back in moses basket and starting the same procedure again 15 minutes later. I have decided when she is a little older I will start enforcing her sleeping in her cot when she can self settle better. I do put her in her basket during the day though so she learns its not so bad! It never lasts very long though!

My LO spent the first couple of months laying ON me at night, and in her bouncer during the day. She slowly transitioned overnight to the mattress next to me with her holding my hand (cute) and then to the mattress not touching me, and then the 3 sided bedside cot and then suddenly wanted space and slept in her big cot at ummmmmm about 4.5 months ish (can never remember) and all her day time naps are there too.
Don't push it, just follow your baby's lead. She will let you know when she wants space from you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"