Have a d&c scheduled this friday...

Omi

A Mummy At Last!
Reaction score
Hi everbody,

firstly i just wanna thank you all for all your kinds words and advice, its been invaluable to me and my OH:hugs:

I finally decided yesterday (after advice) that im fed up waiting for the inevitable (or should i say armageddon, as that's how i envision i would feel about it) so I called the hospital and now i've been scheduled in for a d&C this friday. I hope no one thinks me unfeeling but i just want it removed and get on the road to recovery and ttc again...

Ive taken this week off work and my OH was home mon and yesterday but he went back to work today. Its been lovely having him here and although i worry i go on a bit about what happened to us he says he's fine with it and for me not to worry about that at all :)

I'm now very anxious to see how my body will recover and dread having to bleed for weeks on end... its been such a hard (nearly a ) week and I know that its not so long but obviously its not a period one wants to wallow in for too long... but it'll take as long as it needs to, i guess..

its just shit (sorry) to be all over the place, down one minute and trying to be positive and thinking about the future the next... i guess im just fed up!!!!

I hope the d&c will mark the beginning of the end and that we can look back at this sorry episode in the not so distant future as just bad luck, a growing experience for the 2 of us and that with time I'll get pregnant again.. I just wish i wasnt so damned impatient... :(:( sorry for going on a bit.....

I've never been in your situation, but I think you have to do what feels right for you. Having just miscarried myself I understand the need you have to 'get it over with' (for want of a better phrase) and be able to move on.

I hope all goes well with the D&C and that it gives you the closure you need.

All the best

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I've never been in your situation, but I think you have to do what feels right for you. Having just miscarried myself I understand the need you have to 'get it over with' (for want of a better phrase) and be able to move on.

I hope all goes well with the D&C and that it gives you the closure you need.

All the best

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks Schmelly, and can i say Im sorry for your loss as well.. its a terrible thing to got though but i feel blessed I can come on this site and feel accepted and at home, hugs to you as well:hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: My thoughts are with you, i will say a prayer for you, may it all be in gods will.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

sorry whats a d&c?

I could give you the whole medical term but basically I'll get a local anesthetic and they'll go in and clean out the uterus. I've had a delayed/missed miscarriage, the baby had died but I havent passed it i.e. miscarried it, so i can either wait for that to happen, although in some cases you will be 'forced' to have one as waiting too long could mean you could get an infection.

i've decided i cannot wait and also for me, i think it would be more upsetting to miscarry natually at home, so I'll have it done in the hospital for me.

Its a personal choice and most of the time you get the choice, but i feel awful knowing i've been carrying this dead baby for this long time so I've opted for the d&c.. hope this explaines things.. :)

Thank you for explaining - sorry i had to ask....just chatting to you on the chat room....didnt realise at all what this was hope i havent upset you more and i have my fingers crossed for you hun x((hugs)) :hugs:

:hugs: Although I haven't gone through this myself I can understand your need to get it over with.

Have unfortunately suffered with misc. Horrible experiences but you will get through it :hugs: Thats the end of a nasty time for 2008 so all good from now on please! Take care

thinking of you omi. sending lots of hugs ...

Hope all goes well for you when you have your d&c. It is not easy to deal with a miscarriage so I am glad to hear you have lots of support. I had d&c but my situation was a bit different. I started hemmoraging at home and was rushed to the hospital. The doc said in order for me to stop bleeding and prevent infection I needed to have a d&c.I passed the baby at the hospital just before I had my d&c. I carried the baby for 3 months but it stopped growing at 6 weeks.

Sending you massive :hugs: omi , thiking of you today. Let us know when your feeling o.k x

thinking off u today my lovely hope u will be ok and able to chat when u feel up to it! sending a massave hug over to you xxx

omi i hope you are doing well ...thinking of you today.

I hope u r doing well. I am sorry u hard to go thru that :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->