Have an Amnio booked for Friday Morning.

memewest

Reaction score
I've been looking on this site for others who have had Amnio's and their experiences, and there seems to be just a handful who have had one done.

My bloods came back as 1:67

We chose to have the Amnio rather than the CVs, and Friday is getting closer and i'm starting to feel nervous and a little scared if i'm being honest.
I have had my head in the sand for the past couple of weeks, trying not to think and dwell on the situation, but i can't keep burying everything and i don't know how i'll be if i let everything come to the surface.. :nope:

We haven't told anyone else as i can't bear the thought of having to hear what they think/would do.... Some people can be so self-righteous....:dohh:

So are there any of you Ladies out there who would be willing to share their experiences of having an Amnio with me and put my mind at ease a little?? :shy:

They told us we would get the initial results in 3 days, the formal ones in a couple of weeks. 3 days is good, but we have the bank holiday to get through so will probably take longer.

I don't have experinece of this but just wanted to say I hope all goes well for you on Friday. It must have been a really tough decision and I hope you get a good outcome. There are quite a few ladies here who have experience of this and I am sure some of them will reply to this post.

I don't have experinece of this but just wanted to say I hope all goes well for you on Friday. It must have been a really tough decision and I hope you get a good outcome. There are quite a few ladies here who have experience of this and I am sure some of them will reply to this post.

Thanks Cattia.... I'm just feeling a little lonely right now. My own fault for not wanting to tell anyone.

Hi, I had an amnio about 8 years ago with my son. They found a spot on his brain and needed to make sure it was just a cyst...As far as the procedure, it wasn't bad at all- I would just suggest not looking ( turn your head away and you can barely feel it). If anything it feels uncomfortable, but not painful (and I'm a wimp). The waiting is the hardest part- the weeks feel like years, so try to keep busy (easier said than done)...Good luck and I'll keep you in my good thoughts!!!

Also, feel free to contact me if you have any other questions...

I would be the same as you and would not want to tell anyone either. It is enough to deal with without having to worry about other people's reactiong. It is bad timing that it is bank holiday as that gives you an extra day to wait :( I am sure there was someone on here recently who had paid extra to get the results back quicker? I know that with the weekend and bank holiday you probably won't get them back before Tuesday, but might be worth asking about that option at the hospital if it saves waiting so long?

ohhhh no experience but wanted to wish you luck and BUMP for more experiences xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have woken absolutely full of cold today. Will they still want me in Friday to have the procedure done??

Just wanted to say good luck, I totally understand your concerns, my results came back with 1 in 64. I was flying within the week so couldnt have cvs and have decided to have a 20 week scan (in 2 weeks) at the fetal Medicince centre to look for soft markers before deciding on amnio.

I cannot see why you couldn't have the amnio with a cold as long as you feel well enough to go. It's usually only if you are having an anaestestic to put you out that it may be a concern. If you are worried call your midwife for reassurance.

A friend had a cvs procedure last year and all went fine, she said it was uncomfortable and had some cramping afterwards, but spent the next 2 days completely resting. Her results came back clear.

I hope all goes well for you, and the weekend passes really quickly until your results come.

Well, i called the hospital today to see if they would still carry out the Amnio Procedure as i have a stinking cold and they were fine about it.....

Now i feel all mixed up.

Nervous about having the Amnio done, but excited about seeing the baby again....
At least my appointment is in the morning and i haven't got to worry about it all day!!

Thanks for all your replies. xx :flower:

Hunny, I dont have any experience with this, bt I just want to send you :hugs: and say that Im sure that things will be ok. Good luck!!

Hi

No advice or experience... just wanted to wish you well and say that everything is crossed for you :hugs:

QT

Good Luck...Lets us know how it goes! I know you can do it.... think of it as something the baby needs and you would much rather something be done to you than to your newborn (thats how they got me to give my self shots everyday)

I was also booked, finally cancelled for reasons relating to my caregiver at the time (us not trusting him) but another wonderful doctor said that the risk of MC comes mainly from two factors:

- if they have to go through the placenta
- if you don't rest for 1-2 days afterwards and the wound tears

Good luck! And good for you doing it! I haven't done it, but not knowing causes a lot of anxiety too.

Try to stay strong memewest!!

I hope all goes well today - and I am sure it will. Just think of it as getting to see your gorgeous little one again!

Make sure you get plenty of rest over the weekend.

You are doing whats best for you and your baby :flower:

I had two Amnios done a few weeks apart due to a 1 in 25 Downs risk.
Please do look at my thread 'Amnio Tues Worried And Upset' if it helps.

Good luck my sweet, I know how difficult these decisions are and there were lots of tears in our house at the time.
Be strong and all the best.
xx

I have no advice or experience of this but wanted to wish you loads of luck make sure you rest after xxxxxx

I haven't had one but just wanted to say I hope all goes well for you this morning Hunnie x x x

Best of luck hun :hugs:

I had amnio few weeks back as they told me my baby has this that and the other missing in his brain, short limbs and fluid under his skin (which mri scan confimed he has nothing missing)

It doesnt hurt much hun, just uncofortable but once it is in then it is ok just try and relax, and then rest up fo 3 days after!

The waiting for the results are bloody awfull, especially the 2 week one...good luck hun im sure everything will be just fine! xXx

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->