Have any of you decorated the spare room?

calm

Reaction score
I mean made it into a nursery, in your mind, or for real?

I have done it in my mind. I want the bed out, as it is a small room and there is not room for everything. This means the spare bed has to go in the computer room and one of the 2 computers has to go plus the piano. I am all for this as a spare bed is important, my mum is bound to want to come to stay (My husband argues he wants his second computer staying put, we will cross that bridge when we come to it).

I will take out the two very heavy and dark set of shelves which at the moment hold loads of books, comic, books, and I will put just one shelf (not over the cot) and put a few nice toys. I will put a chest of draws as big as possible for all the babies clothes, the fitted wardrobe has my husband's clothes so I will need a good chest of draws. On top of the chest of draws I will put a lamp and a cd player. I will have the big cot, and a chair next to the windows so I can breastfeed. However, the mini cot will be in our room, and our room is tiny, so I will need to take on of the bedside tables out and push the bed nearer the wall to make room. I would like to finish sewing some pictures I have for the wall, and would probably do this when pregnant. I would like one of those light/music things that throw pictures on the wall. I bought a beautiful one for Alice in name of everyone from school, and it even had different slides for different ages. I am not sure about colours for the wall... I do have a few brand new dolls should it be a girl, if it is a boy I have nothing. My husband will want to buy a Tux penguin toy ( he is a linux freak ) for the baby. I have also bought loads of fairies, and if I have a girl when she is older I will make her room into an enchanted wood.

I had a phase of looking up baby furniture on the net, when I am extremely broody...

Anyone else?

I'm turning my spare bedroom into an office!

I have planned it over and over. I always look at nursery furniture and any baby catalogues. My DH thinks Im crackers!

I'm turning my spare bedroom into an office!

Mine at the moment has a spare bed, an exercise bike, shelfs with a bit of everything, and an area for meditation with a meditation altar. Will have to find another place for that when baby comes... ( I must admit that any change that has to be made because of my baby I don't care the least about).

We recently repainted many of the rooms in our house and I did specially choose the spare room color for a baby room (a pale blue). I haven't decorated it, but I admit I have some color schemes thought out and I have started thinking about where we're going to put some of the stuff in that room when baby comes.

We have a large futon in the room and part of me feels it should go or at least be folded up, because it's a small room. But sometimes I can imagine myself lying next to baby on that bed playing and changing cloths and I think maybe it will be useful after all. I notice that most of my friends with babies don't actually use their official change table much.

If I keep it in there, it's going to be a tight fit though.

I notice that most of my friends with babies don't actually use their official change table much.

If I keep it in there, it's going to be a tight fit though.

I am not going to have an official change table as I don't have the room and I also think you end up not using it. And my mother said: "what is he/she rolls off it?" (and scared me to death). So for me it is going to be a changing mat on the floor or on the middle of the bed. Sigh... dream.... :cloud9:

I've bought the paint... its sitting in the room - just waiting for me to pick up the roller...

our spare room is a craft room right now... it also doubles as a guest room. I have turned it into a baby boy nursery in my mind though :)

Yes! I am glad I am not the only one :) I haven't put any furniture into my spare room (just moved) because I am planning on it being the nursery. I keep thinking of colors to paint and planning just where the crib will go...

Well I have kinda looked in my spare room and thought about it being a nursery, but not in too much detail. What I have done today though is completely moved my bedroom around, including where our bed was, as the way it was before there wasn't much room either side, so now it's the other way round, there's plenty of room - and part of my thinking for that was the thought of having a crib/moses basket next to me!!

We have thought about it but there are only two posibilities as my house is a one bed: 1) we put a bunk bed in the lounge on top of the sofa or dinner table :D or 2) we put a crib in a corner in our room which means my dressing table goes... Guess which we have decided on, hahaha :D

We have thought about it but there are only two posibilities as my house is a one bed: 1) we put a bunk bed in the lounge on top of the sofa or dinner table :D or 2) we put a crib in a corner in our room which means my dressing table goes... Guess which we have decided on, hahaha :D

Gosh, I did think of you when I opened this post as I remember you telling me on MSN you had a one bedroom flat. (I bet people from outside of Spain can't understand why people buy such places but if you know how the prices are here compared to the wages you would understand. ). I am lucky and live rent free in a house belonging to the family so we do have 3 bedrooms, very small I must say.

And I guess it will be option 1. bunk bed on top of the sofa. That way the baby can watch TV all night.

Just wanted to say Im so glad we didnt do any decorating! (for real, anyway:blush:)

Our Spare room is an office at the moment, and probably will stay as one. We are hoping to move before TTC, but if I had my way we would be trying now, lol.
I have picked out the furniture and colours already, not bought them tho obviously! :p
x

iv chosen colours, themes and also whats going where in the room.....sad but tru!
i like to plan ahead and the DH has said he will allow me to do what ever i want! yey!
exciting but have to wait until we concieve! :(

Gosh, I did think of you when I opened this post as I remember you telling me on MSN you had a one bedroom flat. (I bet people from outside of Spain can't understand why people buy such places but if you know how the prices are here compared to the wages you would understand. ). I am lucky and live rent free in a house belonging to the family so we do have 3 bedrooms, very small I must say.

I wish I had any other property, even if it was small because that way I would be able to save up for a bigger place but we thought it was a great idea to buy a house and now see it wasn't... Even so, we expect to stay here another 2-3 years, and hopefully be able to rent our flat and live in a rented bigger house as to come back to something in 30 years time. Right now that makes sense but renting our flat might be a hassle and selling is out of the question. Gulp.xxx

no changing table for us. A baby can't roll off the floor, so that's where chAnges will be for us ^^

Iv thourght that i could fit a cot in there with the spare bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->