Have any of you gotten rid of/refused to use FB because of drama?

C

Ceejay123

Honestly, I'm about ready to deactivate my account and never look back! -.-

I made a new one when I had LO, so that I could accept friends accordingly, and put them into categories. I did this because i don't like having LO's pictures on Facebook much, But I have family abroad that would like to see him. So my folders restricted.

The amount of bloody arguments... Adults seeming like teenagers.. Dramatics. Seriously, does Facebook just bring this out in people? And what is it with people wanting to see your Facebook page? As if it gives them some insight into your lives?

Sorry Nosey buggers.. My status today read how tired I was.. is it that interesting?

Have any of you decided Facebook just isn't worth it any more? It seems to regress adults into their 13 year old selves. -.- ! Sorry for the rant, Lol x

I love Facebook but I am lucky enough not to really have any drama on it

Mostly I delete the drama queens/kings as I'm not interested, but there are one or two on there purely because I would miss the daily dose of shite

Facebook has a lot to answer for :haha:

I deleted mine for a while and reactivated it now I just don't use it. I use it if I need it for something but apart from that I don't bother with it. I was sick of the friend requests and messages and then all the crap that people post on there :shrug: I definitely don't miss it.

Yeah I'm so tempted myself. I can iMessage my family pictures. Today I've had a 55 year old bitch on my status about LO.. People are so brave behind a computer screen. Might just deactivate it. I can relate with messages etc.

Nope, I don't have any issues with it!! I have pics of my family on there so other family members and friends can see, but they are restricted to friends only.

I don't befriend people I don't know or haven't seen in years, or who I don't talk to by other means.

I also have nice friends, who like me (I'm not saying you don't) so would be very shocked and upset if they tried to start causing trouble on my facebook!

Facebook is just full of drama! It's good for a cheeky nosey but it's so addictive and just causes so many arguments!
My other half and I decided to deactivate ours about 6 months ago and i haven't looked back, we waste so much less time now and i avoid all the fall outs and drama! I'm only 20 though so may be due to the younger friends i used to have on my facebook.
I guess it is good for keeping in contact with friends and family though, you just have to be careful who you have on your contacts list :)

I don't have it,I've never really wanted it.anyone important knows how to find me!

I will really show my age here... I was on Facebook back when only a few colleges (universities) were on it and we used it for things like 'has anyone taken Professor so-and-so's organic chemistry class?' and 'who is the hot guy with the red mountain bike outside the tech building on Wednesdays?'. I can't believe what a sh*tstorm it's turned into, it's like a whole website filled with moody teenagers. I don't see the point in it, if I want to share photos of my LO with my family back in the States I just chuck them in a password-protected album on Photobucket. If I want to send someone a message, I do it via email. Facebook is pretty much totally pointless and to me there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I need to do with a new baby around, how anyone has time to go onto flaming Facebook as well I have no idea!

Want to delete mine. Have learnt the value of privacy this year and if I didn't have a lot of family/friends out of town or abroad I'd deactivate.

I've had FB for about 3.5 yrs now and can honestly say I've never had any dramas on there! I've seen plenty of them on other peoples walls but I've never been directly involved.

At first I thought it was because I have younger friends (Im 21) so a lot of them are childish. Then it started to be family.. OH's family.. I've had to delete so much family off there because they turn! Everyone changes when you have a baby! I'm actually finding out people that I thought were my enemies... Are nicer, than people I trusted!

i deactivated mine not really because of drama but i was so fed up of it. Reading boring status's about having a cuppa or something then i went through a bad stage with poppy and constant status's from a friend about how wonderful her LO was started to really get me down then i found out MIL had been showing all our FB photo's to her class at school :( so now im going to email then to my mum and dad as that all i really wanted to use it for. i do still go on my OH fb though as there is a group about all the baby groups in the area

Ive never had facebook. Ive seen it ruin peoples relationships. Plus anyone im not in touch with theres prob a good reason for it.

I had one from 2006ish but deactivated and then permanently deleted it a couple of months ago. I used to go on there LOADS and was annoyed at myself for spending so much time on there.

After I had LO, it just seemed that everyone on there annoyed me. With the mix of moaning, bigotry and sad mid-life crises on there (if I see one more picture of your tongue piercing, god help me!) I just decided I'd had enough and you know what, I don't miss it!

I go on twitter now, it's just an easier time all round and far less time consuming :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->