have any of you ladies had a walking epidural or low dose epidural??? Experiences?

leiapaulsen

busy mommy of 4
Reaction score
Hi girls, havent posted in a while but I have been debating already about how I want the birth to be this time around. Posted this in 2nd trimester also but thought I would post here as well. This is my 4th and final baby. I have never gone into labor on my own before I have always had to be induced, and I have always had the standard epidural. When my son was born in 2011 the epidural took so well that I couldnt feel a thing and I couldnt even so much as wiggle my toes until about 6-7 hours AFTER he was born, and even then my left leg wouldnt work right untill well into the next day. So, I have been wondering on different pain management this time around. I am a wuss when it comes to pain so I do want substantial pain control but I want to be able to move around while in labor I do not want to be stuck in bed for hours before and after my baby is born. Have any of you girls ever had a walking epidural or low dose epidural and if so would you share your experiences with me please? Thank you!!!!

I had the normal epidural, but I stopped pushing the button for another dose about 3 hours before time to push. By the time pushing came I knew I needed to push right then and there, I couldn't hold it anymore. I was able to move my legs in labor, and I felt and could control pushing along with walking up to pee and too recovery straight after.

I had the walking epidural with my daughter after horrid back labour for hours. It was amazing I could still move but no pain and I could still feel when to push. After labour I could get up and have a shower ect no problems.. BUT ... the I fell asleep on it fo an hour and my contractions stopped so I had to go on the drip to bring them back. xx

Hi. I had an walking epidural with my son after 3 days of labour at home. I loved it, the only issue I had was after walking around for 20 min after having it my legs gave way so I was on the bed the rest of the time (but think that was down to no sleep or food for 3 days rather than the epidural) , I was up and walking around 8 hrs after a c section but could move around about 1hr after surgery.
X

I was told in pa there is no walking epidural because of legal liability but you can alway go low dose and regulate your own drip as pp said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->