Have anyone bathing their baby with them in bath?

Nanaki

Mummy 2 two boys, an angel and a girl!
Reaction score
I am considered to see what anyone says about it, as my first time bathing my son with me in the warm bath, of course my hubby was there with me to make sure he can get my son Billy out of bath. My son is 2 months old. It would be hard for me to do bath with him in a trolley where it will be hard for me to hold him - I am only 5"1' tall. I thought bath would be easy for me.

xx

My baby has 2 baths a week and for the weekend one, OH goes in with him. OH gets in and I pass him back and forth, kind of thing and do all the washing while he holds him. LO loves it and much prefers it to when I bath him on his sponge after swimming in the week. I only started bathing him without OH when he started swimming lessons and also when OH was away.

Me and Halen have a bath together, my OH had a bath with him when he was 2 days old (he fell asleep in the bath lol)
I've had baths with him without my OH there, I've just had his bouncer/bumbo seat in the bathroom whilst I wash myself, then get LO in with me, then wash him and play, then wrap him in the towel and put him back in his bouncer/bumbo whilst I get in my towel.

Hayden almost never used a baby bathtub, he pretty much always bathed with me and occasionally my DH. Even now he bathes with me 90% of his showers. He loved it, so did I

i had zane in the bath with me for the first time when he was 2 months old he wasnt keen but then again at 3 months he went in with his dad and was laughin his head off it was so cute!

I bath with Edward at least twice a week although DH is there to take him so I can get myself scrubbed afterwards. My sister used a bath seat like this
https://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/282-0986344iA70UC496056M.jpg which made it easier for her.

I bath with Freya every night and have done since she was born. She loves it and so do I. I have to do it on my own sometimes when OH isn't here and it's fine, you get used to it. He has done it on his own a few times when she was younger and he was ok with it too. I just climb in the bath with her and do everything (washing and playing) whilst holding her. :)

I love it aswell, not done it in a while but its an amazin thing to do.

Mylo is 18 weeks now.. and he has only ever had 2 baths on his own. we have baths together every second or third day :o)
He loves the bath.. and its a great way to bond I think. Still yet to convince OH to do the same.. he isnt confident he would give a bath correctly..

I have baths with my LO on occassion, too. He enjoys it as I fill the tub super full so he can nearly swim. It wears him right out. :)

We started out trying to bathe Emma in her bath in our changing table. It was a nightmare as she screamed non- stop! Since then Emma has bathed with OH in the bath every night. It is a lovely bonding time for them and I don't know who enjoys it most!

i love having a bath with chloe, and she loves it too!!
i do it on my own and its fine, just be carefull getting in and out.

i also fill it really deep so she can go right in. she def prefers it to her normal bath :)

Poppy always baths with my oh... but he insists on wearing his shorts just in case "she grabs my todger" Makes me giggle every time!!! She loves it though and we find it so much easier than bending over with her since she has outgrown her little baby bath that used to sit on top of the bath iykwim!!! I think its lovely for oh to get some time like that with her x

I've done it twice, and I love it (OH is there to help). LO also likes it much more than a bath in his baby tub:happydance: Wonderful bonding time.:cloud9:
BTW, how do you keep water out of the ears (I haven't had a problem yet, but am always worried)?

I always bath with connor but always have someone in with me either my OH or my sister to get him in and out

The majority of Romilly's baths are taken with either me or my DH :) We all prefer it like that. We do have the Fisher Price Aquarium bath thing, which I use if she needs a bath when I'm on my own, and she's perfectly happy in the little hammock thing in that.

I'm in awe of people who bath with their LO by themselves, I don't have the confidence to do it without my DH there to hand her in to me and take her out again. Maybe when she's a bit bigger :lol:

Euan baths every night before bed time and i do have a baby bath but I also take him into the bath with me, he loves it. DH does it too and its nice for him especially after a long day at work when he has not seen him all day.

I would love to do this, but a few things are preventing me -

My LO would definitely wee/poo in the water - I could count the number of times on one hand it hasn't happened wither while bathing or changing his diaper.

Also - when do your LOs like the water? Mine screams like someone is cutting his arm off whenever he is naked - this includes diaper changes, changing clothes, baths, etc... I got a space heater to heat up the room so he is not cold, but he still screams .. :wacko:

Everyone on here seems to have such quiet and content babies! Am I the only one??
xx

Abby went through a period of screaming when she was bathed, so I got in with her and it seemed to fix the problem. I'm not sure I could do it every day though, and I certainly couldn't get in and out of the bath with her.

I'm also 5ft1 and found bathing her in the baby bath on the worktop virtually impossible. I do have a step stool in the kitchen but didn't feel safe on it. I found doing it in a washing up bowl worked well, but then she got too big.

We have a bath support thing for her and use it in the big bath now, I find it very easy to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->