Have anyone bathing their baby with them in bath?

I think the like being naked more when they are older -- a couple of months it starts to get more fun and then is great fun by about 4 months.

As for messing in the water... well, yeah, there is that. So far I have been lucky with no poos!!!! That would not be pleasant! :sick: I try to do baths like that after he has had a poo and won't again for a bit.

Wee -- well, I suppose he does do that. Which is why I usually shower directly after a bath with him.

You can always get a swim nappy for him!

I don't let my LO's head under water. That helps keep the water out of the ears. It has sloshed up into his ears a few times, but it is only briefly, so generally comes back out.

I bath with Edward at least twice a week although DH is there to take him so I can get myself scrubbed afterwards. My sister used a bath seat like this
https://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/282-0986344iA70UC496056M.jpg which made it easier for her.

We had one of them but I hated it, it 's too tight so doesn't hsve any give where they sit, so their just kinda hanging in it
we have a tummy tub n we love it , I've even took it in the bath with us lol

We've the Aqua Pod from Mothercare. It's a bit pricey but Ruby loves it! They do have to be able to sit unsupported.

Esmé loves being in the bath with me. She gets chance to have a good kick of her legs, and seems to last longer without crying when in with me, as opposed to being washed in her baby bath.

I've done it twice, and I love it (OH is there to help). LO also likes it much more than a bath in his baby tub:happydance: Wonderful bonding time.:cloud9:
BTW, how do you keep water out of the ears (I haven't had a problem yet, but am always worried)?

I put her head in so that her ears are covered - she'll be having swimming lessons soon and the woman who I spoke to from Waterbabies said get her ears in, so I do.

It doesn't seem to cause her any problems.

I bathe with Emma when I can. And my husband is out to sea so it's all me doing the work. I find it helps to use her bumbo seat in there with me. :shrug: She sits with me for the most part but the bumbo helps when I need my hands. :thumbup:

I loooooooooove the Bath with Hazel, she has such a great time :D

Last one I had to do on my own, but I just let the water out before getting out (trickier than getting in)

She really likes her tummy tub too and normally goes to sleep whichever way.

Only tricky bit is, nomatter how warm we have the room or her clothes and change mat... when we go to put her nappy and clothes back on, she cries :( Which is such a shame when shes just been so blissed out.

Last time I dressed her while feeding her :blush: just to keep her happy.

https://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs003.snc3/11059_337533210345_898425345_9467066_4530128_n.jpg

Billy always baths with my OH, it is there special bonding time- I exclusively BF so to give them their own special time and OH 'his' thing they have a bath together.

I bathe with Adi all the time. I did it the first time when he was only about 2 weeks old, and we both enjoyed it so much that it's pretty much THE way I bathe him. If we're pressed for time, I'll take him with me in the shower, and when it's time to wash myself up I sit him in his baby tub.
When I take a bath with him I undress him down to his diaper and wrap him in a towel, then sit him in his baby bath on the floor, or lay him in a moses basket while I get the water ready and I undress. Then, I pick him up, take off his diaper and we get in the tub. When it's time to get out, again, I wrap him up and put him back in the basket, get myself dried off, then we leave the bathroom.

As far as the temperature, I obviously can't have it hot, but it's a bit warmer than when I give him a baby-tub bath. If we're in the shower, I can turn the hot water up a little after I sit him in his baby tub, because by the time the water reaches down there it's cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->