• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Have GD again ,help

ceri78

Reaction score
:growlmad: urghhhh have it again but secretly was expecting as I had it with my dd but still!....was praying for a miracle lol.Ive just been told after my second blood draw 2 hrs after the yuck drink my number was 9 :blush:.. Does that sound really high to any of you?..thanks girls x

Is that the a1c?, if so, yes that is high, mine was actually in normal range but my actual blood sugar numbers didn't lie :( I've never had it before this one, I'm not much heavier this time but I am quite a bit older which they say is probably what did it for me. You can do this plus you have an advantage of knowing what to expect, I know it's not fun...believe me! It's hard to hear about women complaining about guilt over eating certain foods, I'm just over here like "I wish I could feel guilty because I would so eat a tub of ice cream" haha

If it's after 2 hrs it would not be your a1c, just your regular 2 hour post-prandial and unfortunately yes, it is pretty high. Our (Canadian) guidelines say it needs to be under 6.7.

Did you have to go on insulin last time?

Thanks girls yes it's the 2hr GTT they like it 7.8 or under apparently. I struggled with food last time as due to being a fussy veggie I basically live off spuds and pasta! I don't eat meat,fish or eggs. Oh well I've done it before guess I'll do it again,though Christmas Day will be a treat day!!! Xx

If it's after 2 hrs it would not be your a1c, just your regular 2 hour post-prandial and unfortunately yes, it is pretty high. Our (Canadian) guidelines say it needs to be under 6.7.

Did you have to go on insulin last time?

No Hun thankfully,just diet only x

Post edited: Please read the forum rules
You may not link to third party forums, chatrooms, competing pregnancy/parenting resources, competing groups/pages or unapproved social networking Web Sites

9 does sound high all right, I skipped the whole GTT and was straight to diet control and monitoring my blood sugars and ended up on insulin at 11 weeks nearly there now though so I'll keep at it for another few weeks

You will do best with a low carb diet. Restricting to under 70 carbs a day. I eat about 40 now. 6 for breakfast, 12 for lunch and 12 for dinner. I also eat cheese, peanut butter, and nuts for snacks if I'm hungry. We also have a few low carb chocolate bars and ice cream here in the US. I ended up going on insulin at the end of my 3rd pregnancy. I tried controlling my diet the way my nutritionist told me (eating 200 carbs a day) and my numbers kept creeping up despite adding insulin. I'm a normal weight and no family history of diabetes so I knew the type 2 diagnosis didn't make sense. I made them test me for type 1 antibodies and they were positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->