have had my period for over 3 weeks straight?

youngone

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this? i'm beginning to think I should go to the doctor but I just have no time at the moment and I know she'll just refer me onto a gynaecologist anyway..

Every time it starts to end it begins again right away, like a normal period but without the time in-between. I've been so up and down emotionally too, possibly gained weight.

weirdest thing is though... i'm on the BCP, On the active pills, I shouldn't be bleeding at all?? (no I haven't changed my pill or diet or anything recently, i've been on the same one for over a year)

Any help/suggestions? it's so strange

Thanks for reading :flower:

P.S I know I don't have PCOS and my last smears were normal too..

I don't think the doc would refer you to a gynae for bleeding? It's something they can easily deal with or certainly try many options to before referring you

I bled for months last year and finally went to the GP who just gave me some norethisterone to stop the bleeding for a few weeks, then saw hen I stopped them I bled as normal and things went back to normal (a bleed every 3/4 months). I just had to stop the bleeding and kick start my cycle back into normal rhythm again.

Ment to add, you may just need a change in pill

Your body may have just adjusted to the pill. I've had those problems before.

Why would you think he would refer you? Have you got/had pervious problems?

I've bled non stop for 8 months before!

This happened to me on cerazzette - 3 weeks /4/6, 2months straight. Some with a few days (sorry tmi - but it went from heavy, stopped for 1/2days then heavy again). My doc didn't care, but you should contact yours if you're worried.

I thought it was weird because i used that pill for years and years and that never happened and i only bled (tmi sorry) for about 3 days every other month if that. I came off it for a while because it didn't settle down so i stopped using it after 6months and it made me have mood swings like crazy.

Thanks everyone,

I assumed my doc would refer me as I thought it was very abnormal- plus, they've been trying to get me to see a gynaecologist for a wile now due to suspected endometriosis, but haven't had the time/money.

I have been on the same BCP for about 7 years now so I don't know why it would suddenly do this to me. I'm tired, hungry and moody all the time too.

Question-- if I come off the BCP do you think this will stop? did it for you, Pandora11??

Thanks again :)

you should never ignore bleeding... i would definitly call the doctor..and be checked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->