have i gained too much weight??

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
im 33 weeks+ and weigh 70kg,11stone,,
pre pregnancy i was 8stone 5 so im really panicking, my mw didnt say anything so shes not concerened i just feel iv gained too much and im only 5ft 1 plz reply x

I put 3 stone on in my first pregnancy and my son was born 4 weeks early, I wouldn't be too concerned. I lost 18lbs in the first two weeks after birth not from dieting or anything just excess fluid retention etc Hth

No don't be worrying about your weight. Your still in the normal range ! Even if u gain a further lb a week till your baba is born you will still be well with in the normal range.. A lot of that is baby and fluid so you will probably loose a good bit after the birth.. Don't stress, you'll have plenty of time afterwards to worry about loosing some of your baby weight :flower:

Nope, your fine :)
I was 9stone 9 at 5ft4;
At 10wks pregnant i'd 1 stone on
At 20wks pregnant i'd another 1 stone on
At 30 wks pregnant i'd another 1/2 stone on
So 2.5stone at 30wks. Haven't weighed myself last 2wks but i've been healthy as have GD so guessing it's normal and no concerns from hospital xx

With my first pregnancy by the time I gave birth I was just shy of putting on 4 stone. So you are still ok in my book :)

Hi hunn

Dont panic, i am 5ft3 and weighed 8st7 before i got pregnant, i am now at full term 11st8.

This is my forth baby and each pregnancy i gain 3 stone and loose all of the weight within weeks of birth (no dieting). I think if you are thin to start with your body tries even harder to keep the weight on during pregnancy for the sake of the baby.

My craving have been pears and bananas!! Not really fattening, i am sure the weight will just drop off you x

thanks girls, feel alot better now:) i just feel huge because im small :/ xx

I was 128lbs pre pregnancy at 5'3 and at 38 weeks I've gained 27lbs. You don't sound like you've gained too much! Xz

Sounds about right to me! I've stopped weighing myself now, just no point worrying about it imo. All the extra padding is there because of our beautiful babies :) x

You are def fine hun, most of that weight gain is made up of baby. A great article I read about weight distribution at full term -

Baby - 7.5 pounds
Placenta - 1.5 pounds
Amniotic fluid - 2 pounds
Uterine enlargement - 2 pounds
Maternal breast tissue - 2 pounds
Maternal blood volume - 4 pounds
Fluids in maternal tissue - 4 pounds

= 23 pounds (1.6 stone, 10.4 kg)

I have put about 12 kg on & not at full term yet, hopefully I don't put on too much more! You will lose a lot of that after baby is born, please don't try to stress about weight gain though, you will be fine after baby is here :)

I've gained about 36 pounds. Which I'm really frustrated by, but it is what it is. I eat a good diet, I don't exercise much anymore (although I did until about 24 weeks) because of 70 hour workweeks, but my body's doing what it has to do. You sound like you're right on track. Don't stress!

Ive gained exactly 40 lbs so far and im 5'1 too ! I gained 56 lbs with my first so im not too worried I seem to be pretty much right on track with last time . My doctor wasnt worried at all about my weight gain he says its all baby and some women just naturally gain more im listening to him because I like his opinion lol im not eating really fatty foods or huge portions so I suppose im doing alright

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->