Have I got this right?

JellyBeann

Son, Daughter, 2 Angels
Reaction score
First day of bleeding June 2nd, so that's CD1?

My cycle length is the days from first bleed to first bleed?

How do I work out LP?
How do I work out when I am ovulating?

Yup, that's right :)

Cd1 first day of period and cycle runs to the next period when it starts again

Lp is the amount of time between OV and Af. Normally between 10-17 days with 14 as an average.

OV is determined by loads of things, some ladies have loads of symptoms like acne, cramps, shooting pains, change in cm, sore boobs, change in feel and position of cervix...... Some have none or few of those. Best way to check is with opk's or maybe cbfm

Good luck!!

LP is the days from ovulation to the last day of your cycle. It averages 14 days so if you have a 28 day cycle, you should ovulate around day 14 and have a 14 day LP. But I believe anything from 12-18 days is considered normal for LP, so ovulation may occur anywhere from CD10 to CD16.

Do you track your cycle at all? Charting your BBT (basal body temperature, if you're not familiar with the term) is very accurate for pinpointing ovulation, but it can only confirm rather than predict ovulation. Lots of women use ovulation tests (OPKs) which should be positive 24-48 hours prior to ovulation. They detect a surge in hormones which is quite short lived, so it can be easy to miss it so it's possible can ovulate even without a positive test. There's also charting symptoms, cervical mucus, etc which when everything is put together (I use Fertility Friend to keep track of everything) will form a very accurate picture of your cycle.

There's lots of resources online, but the best book I've ever read on the subject is Taking Charge of your Fertility if you're interested in finding out more. :)

LP is the days from ovulation to the last day of your cycle. It averages 14 days so if you have a 28 day cycle, you should ovulate around day 14 and have a 14 day LP. But I believe anything from 12-18 days is considered normal for LP, so ovulation may occur anywhere from CD10 to CD16.

Do you track your cycle at all? Charting your BBT (basal body temperature, if you're not familiar with the term) is very accurate for pinpointing ovulation, but it can only confirm rather than predict ovulation. Lots of women use ovulation tests (OPKs) which should be positive 24-48 hours prior to ovulation. They detect a surge in hormones which is quite short lived, so it can be easy to miss it so it's possible can ovulate even without a positive test. There's also charting symptoms, cervical mucus, etc which when everything is put together (I use Fertility Friend to keep track of everything) will form a very accurate picture of your cycle.

There's lots of resources online, but the best book I've ever read on the subject is Taking Charge of your Fertility if you're interested in finding out more. :)

It's only my first cycle since having LO almost 17 months ago, so I've not had chance to track anything! I'd like to, but whenever I look at how to do it, I'm confused!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->