Have I had a miscarriage?

Helen76

Mummy to Luke
Reaction score
I've just finished my first round of IVF and last Tuesday I got my blood results and my hcg level was 29 when it should have been 50. I had to test 2 days later and it came back at 75 when it should have been 100.

I was told I was pregnant and to come in for a scan in a couple of weeks time. I took a clearblue digi and it said '2-3 weeks pregnant'. Around that time I started spotted and it got worse on the Friday and was bright red blood. I did another test and it came back '1-2 weeks pregnant' so was obvious my levels are falling.

I now seem to be having a proper period. I guess I was pregnant but because my levels were so low in the first place it was never likely to be a viable pregnancy so I don't know whether I am classed as having a miscarriage or not?

I've heard lots of stories about being fertile after a miscarriage but I don't know whether that would be right in my case?

Any thoughts?

H xx

It would be wrong of anyone to say that you are having a mc for sure honey im really sorry you are going through this :hugs: the best thing u can do to know for sure is to have more bloods taken so it would be a good idea to call ur doctor. I have everything crossed for you good luck xx

Like the above poster said, none of us can tell you for sure what is going on. You really need to go to your doc and get another Beta done.

So sorry you have to deal with this! :hug:

^^ well then i am wrong i guess... but i would say "yes"
bc they implanted a blastie, it did attach and then let go again, that is technically sadly a mc.
you are right though that it probably wasn't viable, that is true

(((hugs)))

Get checked out by the doc, but anytime you are pregnant and then not pregnant it could be considered a miscarriage. Very early losses are often referred to as a chemical pregnancy. So very sorry you have to be in this anxious place. I hope the doctor can give you some good news and advice when you talk to her.

Hun, I am sorry you are experiencing this but I would say it is likely to be a miscarriage. With my 1st miscarriage I suspected something was wrong when the test said 2-3 weeks and I was meant to be 7 weeks - it never went to 3+. Wishing you lots of luck for the future xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->