Have I missed my chance this month??

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
This is quite confusing so bear with me.....
I took 2 pill packs back to back due to a holiday, then we booked another holiday last minute so I started to take a 3rd pack back to back on the 16th August so I could avoid AF again. However, we flew out on 16th and she appeared anyway :(
I continued taking the pill on 17th and 18th but then started to have small clots so stopped and let period play out naturally.
Was due to start taking pill again on 25th but instead chose to start ttc.

Because of all of that I have no idea what to class as cd1?!
Anyway, I think I ovulated last night (2nd) as had a few twinges but only BD'd on 26th, 28th, 30th and 31st. Have I missed the boat??? Will BD again tonight just in case but really struggling at the mo as no idea how long my cycles are etc

You shouldnt really TTC until three months after coming off BC. You need to let your body get back to normal

Hmmmm I don't believe that, got pregnant couple of weeks after coming off the pill last time and our daughter is perfect :)

Ok well I don't know what kind of answer you were expecting lol. How can you know how long your cycle is if you haven't given it a chance to have a full cycle? I'm just saying what is doctors advice and im quite sure your daughter is perfect. Sorry i cant help x

I'm not really one to chart temps, use PTKs (or whatever they're called lol), but just not sure what to class as cd1 or if our BDing this month will count when I ovulated couple of days later?
Need to work out my cd1 to work out cycle length if it doesn't happen for us this month

Well I would say Cd1 was the 16th for you as that was first day of AF.

You haven't had a true period yet so u don't have a cd1- it can take a few months for your period to return and unless your doing opks daily you'll only know when you ov for the first time in retrospect of your first period. U could ov for the first time the day u stop the pill or 6 months later! That's the only reason doctors recommend waiting til your first AF (though I've never heard u should wait 3 months that's a load of bull) so u have an LMP to go by to avoid this confusion.

You haven't had a true period yet so u don't have a cd1- it can take a few months for your period to return and unless your doing opks daily you'll only know when you ov for the first time in retrospect of your first period. U could ov for the first time the day u stop the pill or 6 months later! That's the only reason doctors recommend waiting til your first AF (though I've never heard u should wait 3 months that's a load of bull) so u have an LMP to go by to avoid this confusion.

Well I wasn't told personally to wait 3 months, my sister was ttc last yr and was told that

Maybe it depends on the individual? My doc never told me that and I spoke to them before ttc. You only need to wait for natural period if you're planning on charting ovulation etc which I'm not.
I'm very impatient and was very fortunate last time round, hoping and praying for same this time xx

Very confusing, I thought I was ovulating today but I've had mild stomach cramps all day and increase in discharge, feels like AF is due. If cd1 was 16th then I'm only on cd19?!

You shouldnt really TTC until three months after coming off BC. You need to let your body get back to normal

Sorry but this is not correct... My doctor told me in June it was perfectly fine to start TTC the day after I finished my birth control and he's the head of obstetrics at Mount Sinai in NYC - he is literally one of the top 10 doctors in NY. The only reason you might want to wait one month is to get a normal period so your doctor can more accurately calculate your due date but that's not an issue if you are tracking ovulation.

These article back up what I mentioned:

https://www.everydayfamily.com/busting-myths-about-trying-to-conceive-after-birth-control-pills/

https://www.webmd.com/baby/features/getting-pregnant-after-birth-control

This is currently my 3rd month ttc - what I can tell you is that I stopped getting a period the last year on bcp - I took yaz and it's very common.

I never got bleeding when I stopped the first month in June so I just made cd1 as the day after I finished my last pill - obvi this prob wasn't too accurate but it worked - I got a +opk on cd20 & ovulated on cd 21 that month, then got AF on cd 29. Last month I O'd on cd 18 and got AF on cd 29 and this month I O'd on cd 21 so I've actually been lucky enough to ovulate normally every month [luteal phase isn't perfect but I'm taking vitex and vitamin B6 so hopefully it'll be longer this month] since I stopped taking bcp...now if I could just get a :bfp: I'd be in heaven lol.

Good luck! :dust:

Very confusing, I thought I was ovulating today but I've had mild stomach cramps all day and increase in discharge, feels like AF is due. If cd1 was 16th then I'm only on cd19?!

You may have oved as soon as u stopped taking the pill and stopped the bleeding so could almost be ready for AF.
My mum missed one pill and ovulated that day and fell pregnant with my sister! (At age 38- if only we could all be so fertile!)

I think I ovulated Monday or Tuesday and that's what cramps and discharge was all about!
Crossing my fingers that it was and hopefully we've caught it!
Feeling hopeful :) I'm far too impatient for all this lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->