Have I ovulated? bbt and opk

MaisyMay

Oakley's Mummy & 1baking!
Reaction score
Hi girls, would really appreciate some help as I'm very anxious.
I took clomid this cycle (I've ovulate and conceived ds on it before)
I was having ovulation pains cd 12 - 14. I got a positive opk on cd 13 and it was super dark on cd, then the pains got really intense and stopped, took another opk and clearly negative. So I thought great I've ovulated. Now I haven't been doing my bbt properly. Took it on the morning of cd 13 at 6.15am after chatting to hubby and coming downstairs and it was 36.5 (I know not accurate right) Then I took it this morning at 5.15am and it was only 36.6 :( Doesn't seem like I've ovulated does it :( My boobs aren't sore either which normally happens after ov although it's happened as late as 9dpo before. FF says if it goes up again tomorrow I've ov, but I've looked at my old charts and it normally goes up .2 straight away. Do you think my temp on cd 13 would have been lower if I hadn't chatted and walked downstairs first? Thank you in advance for your help, I'm so anxious xx

I think it probably would have been lower. If it's still high tomorrow you probably ovulated.

Thank you Jrepp! It's such a stressful time, good luck on your journey x

I agree that your temperature would probably have been lower on CD13 if you'd taken it straight away. There's also something called Slow Rise, when your temperature doesn't shoot up after ovulation, but just gradually incrementally moves up. If you run a search on FF and look for Slow Rise and find pregnancy charts, there's plenty on there where the post-O temps rise gradually.

x

Thanks squirrel ! I had heard of slow rises, but this never happened to me when I was ttc ds or last time I was on clomid, is it possible if it's never happened before? xx

I'm not sure about that one - I guess it depends on how regular you are. I've found my cycles are all pretty different to each other since I started charting 5 months ago, so for me, I wouldn't be surprised if every now and again I had a slow rise month. If you have a set pattern every month, then maybe it's a different story, but certainly not impossible I would say.

I had a strange cycle this month, where my temperature was up and down as usual, but generally making its way down. Then I had what I thought was ovulation and my temperature went up, but not by much to 36.2 and stayed there for about five days when I ovulated and now it's shot up to 36.7 and stayed there. It was strange, because it was erratic, then very steady at 36.2 then shot up. I think my body was trying to ovulate when it went up to 36.2, but didn't manage to. This wasn't normal for me, but eventually I did ovulate.

Hope yours becomes clear soon and shows you did ovulate!

x

My cycle was different the cycle I conceived ds. For the first time ever I had flat line temps post ov, until about day 5 /6 when they shot up. I knew I'd ovulated cos my boobs were agony so hopefully your cycle being different could be a good thing!
TMI alert....I've got lots of creamy cm now, up until yesterday it was very ewcm so hopefully that's a good sign of ov...still no sore boobs though x x

I'd say it would have been lower too! Fx tomorrow's temp is higher :hugs: if so I'd def take it as ov happened when you got your pos OPK, good luck xx

Thanks for your replies girls. Even if I haven't ov (which would suck balls :haha:) it's lovely to know that there is support on here when you're having those heart pounding, pull your hair out ttc moments. This is only our first month ttc andit's only a half hearted attempt this month too (no bd on potential ov day, just the two days before) and I'm already a complete mental case! x x

TTC will do that to you :)

This is my first cycle trying for number 2 as well and I am hating every second. I'm not very good at waiting for things sadly and would consider impatience one of my biggest flaws!! I wish I could enjoy every moment of possibly creating another life, but just find myself willing the time forward to next week when I can take a test! Doesn't help that I'm on school holidays this week, giving me loads of time to think about it all. Usually work keeps me pretty busy!

I'd say the EWCM is a great sign! I hope your temp goes up over the next few days.

x

I think it's possible for a slow rise to randomly occur.

TTC will do that to you :)

This is my first cycle trying for number 2 as well and I am hating every second. I'm not very good at waiting for things sadly and would consider impatience one of my biggest flaws!! I wish I could enjoy every moment of possibly creating another life, but just find myself willing the time forward to next week when I can take a test! Doesn't help that I'm on school holidays this week, giving me loads of time to think about it all. Usually work keeps me pretty busy!

I'd say the EWCM is a great sign! I hope your temp goes up over the next few days.

x

I'm impatience too :dohh:I'm on school hols too, I'm a primary school teacher are you? x x

Yep, I teach Year 3. How about you?

This is the first school holiday where I've been willing it to go faster!

x

I taught year three for three years, it's my favourite, then I taught six for 2 years. I've gone back part time now and I'm just supplying the classes when staff are on non contact. I'm year five one and a half days a week and then year three and four for two mornings and year six one afternoon. I hate not having a class anymore, but it's worth it to be at home with Oakley more. I used to love my job, but I hate work now that I'm away from my little babe. How do you feel about working now you've got your lo? Are you full time? x x

I know what you mean :( work is different now.

I'm full time, I went back when my son was 5.5 months old. We had no choice as my husband is a musician (very irregular hours and pay!) and I needed to know we were financially secure. I found it so tough at first, especially as last year I was in a third teacher for a year group with two classes role (every year at my school has a third teacher for streaming and interventions). I hated that role so much, I hated being away from my son all the time and not having the reward a class of your own brings. This year I'm back to having my own class and after not having that last year, this year feels amazing. After the next baby I want to go back part time.

Year three is a great year, this is my fourth year in Year 3 and I love it more each time I teach it. I do love the older ones too and spent a couple of years in Year 5. I loved their sense of humour and the fact that they weren't too big for their boots yet, but still independent and fun. I'd love to try Year 6 one day, but worry the SATs would take over. Did you find that?

x

Full time starting when your ds was just %.% months, must have been so heart wrenching. Hopefully baby #2 isn't far away and then you can be at home with your los again :) Yes year 6 is definitely driven by SATS, it's definitely tough, but really rewarding too. I found I turned into a bit of an agony aunt with a lot of the kids in my class. Hormones kicking in + friendship drama and the upcoming secondary school years made for a lot of teary girls sitting in my classroom at lunchtimes :haha: I was heavily pregnant when I had to teach sex ed to my year 6 class too, there were so many awkward questions :haha: x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->