have to stop bfeeding for medical treatment - please read & help/advise

Pearl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I went to the doctors after having palpatations and headaches, feeling tired and weak. Thought it'd probably be my iron.

I had a blood test. The results show that I have over active thyroids ! Has anyone had this before ? had it whilst pregnant or breastfeeding?

basically what this does is speeds up ur insides, because ur gland is producing too much of the hormone, this is why youd loose weight and have palpatation etc.

Anyway I have to have treatment from which will take between 6-18 months :( when i wanted to ttc as well, but its best to cure it before trying...So I have to take treatment so I have to stop breastfeeding, otherwise it'll pass into the breastmilk, and a side effect of the medicine is that it makes u autoimmune, which means antibodies attack ur white blood cells so u'll become frequently ill while having treatment. please pray that the medication will successfully cure me forever.

I need help in terms of..how do i stop my baby from breastfeeding. Ive tried him with bottle before, even tried the beaker cups and the softer teats, it feels like ive tried lots of things but he really loves his booby juice...he doesnt know how to suck a bottle, so any advise...? and when i say he wont suck , i mean not AT ALL...

anyone been in the same kind of situation.

please help & advise :(

nothing to suggest hunny really just wanting to send hugs. it must be really difficult for you, but keep trying different teats etc, there maybe one your lo will take to.

:hug:sweetie

I thought this info may help you:hugs:

https://www.llli.org/FAQ/hyperthyroidism.html

My best mate had thyroid cancer so she had it removed. She's since been pregnant and BF'd her 2nd fine while taking thyroxine if that's the drug. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->