Have tried CBFM, Soy, Pre seed & Soft Cups...anything else I can do?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Bride2b, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Bride2b

Bride2b Well-Known Member

There must be something I am doing or not doing as this just isnt working for me.

I say I have tried softcups (didnt put it in far enough! so need to try again) but aside from this I know when I ovulate, have tried pre seed around these dates & also taken soy this month. I am getting really fed up ttc now. I get married next year and do not want to ttc for much longer as I would like a baby before getting married as we are ready for it and have been for some time. We have been trying for 9 months already. We will need to stop soon and try again after the wedding as time is running out as do not want to be a pregnant bride!

Is there anything else anyone can think of that I could try that has been successful?

Thanks alot
    xx

2. Octopus

Octopus Mommy

Have you charted your temperatures? Do you know when/if you normally ovulate, if you have a healthy LP, and if you have fertile mucous?

I'm sorry you're having a tough time getting pregnant. :(

3. Bride2b

No I havent as I dont really know what to look for. I believe its as the temp increases you ov? But if you bd after this have you missed the boat so to speak, as I thought its better to get the little dudes up there ready for the arrival of the egg?

Confusion is setting in :dohh: just so difficult TTC, how come there are so many unwanted pregnancies when we are trying so hard!!!

4. Octopus

Octopus Mommy

I can feel your frustration through your post. :hugs:

Here is the overview of charting:

1.) Buy a digital basal thermometer. It doesn't need to be expensive.
    2.) Take your temperature at the same time every day (right when you wake up, before you move around) and with the same method (oral or vaginal) each time.
    3.) Plug your temperature into Fertility Friend (free).
    4.) Note your cervical mucous and any results from OPKs.
    5.) You will O on the day of your lowest temperature prior to three sustained high temperatures above your coverline. FF (Fertility Friend) will mark your ovulation date for you and your coverline for you a few days post-ovulation.
    6.) If you maintain 18 high temperatures (above your coverline) post-ovulation, you are very likely pregnant.

So, that's just the quick and dirty. A good book with tons more information and details is Taking Charge of Your Fertility; I recommend it, but there are also a lot of free resources online.

Basically, you would utilize all of your symptoms to determine your ovulation date, but temperature is the best way to know. After a month or two of charting, you will probably start to really learn your body, know when you will ovulate, what your usual symptoms are, etc. I know, who wants to wait that long? I would just start charting now and BD when you normally would, but pay attention to positive OPKs, your temperatures, CM, etc.

To give you an example of how it works for me, this past month I charted my temps and did OPKs starting on CD14 (I normally ovulate on CD16-17, but I use OPKs earlier just to make sure). I didn't get a positive on CD15 or 16, which was very unusual for me. My temps were still low, but I had no EWCM, so I figured I wasn't going to ovulate or it would be late. We were traveling, so I kept taking my temperature and noticed I started to get EWCM around CD17. We BD'd any time I had EWCM. I arrived back home on CD19 and took an OPK; it was positive. We BD'd because between the positive OPK, the ovulation pains I had, and the EWCM I had, I knew I was either ovulating right then or would be the next day. Lo and behold, on CD20, my temperature jumped 1 degree, so I figured I had ovulated on CD19. My temperatures on CD20-24 confirmed that I did in fact ovulate on CD19 because the temperatures on CD20-24 remained high.

All said, I did use a few different things to determine my O timeframe and when to BD, but ultimately, my temperature pin-pointed the exact date. The O date is only determined after the fact (because your temperature will spike post-O), so you do need to utilize all factors to help determine when to BD. Again, if you have a "normal" cycle, you will probably start to know when you're going to O or what your normal is and you can BD at more accurate timeframes.

I hope that helps. :) I am an avid charter and I really believe it helps people see a clearer picture of what is happening. It also helps to show if there are any issues (luteal phase defect, anovulation, etc.).

5. Bride2b

Oh wow! Thanks so much, totally got it wrong didnt I? I am going to look and see how much a thermometer is and will try it next month. Thanks soooooo much for your help
    xx

6. Octopus

Octopus Mommy

You didn't get it wrong. :) You are right, in that, if you only use your temperature, you could definitely miss your O date because your O date is going to be a low temperature before the increase. If you use some other factors (OPKs, EWCM, etc.), your temperature will really help you know the exact date you ovulated. A lot of people BD the day after O, too, just because the egg lasts 24 hours.

Anyway, good luck with everything! :) I think the things you're doing are great, but charting might really help you feel a little more in control of an uncontrollable situation.

7. Bride2b

Well I have just brought a thermometer from Amazon, and been watching the videos on fertility friend about charting. Wow it looks really good! Its just about pinpointing and bding def in the 3 days before ov. I feel a little more optomistic about all this now. I know that I am out for this month (only 5-6 DPO) but didnt bd enough or on the right days (except 1st peak day on CBFM when tried the softcup and put it in wrong and TMI but most of the :sperm: ended up down my leg!) so dont really think much ended up where it was meant to!

Have felt really crap this last week, especially as OH best mates girlfriend has found out she is pregnant (and they were not actively trying from what I hear!) Its just mad me feel pretty rubbish and useless! My OH hasnt been around much as he's been super busy so i've had time to think alot over the last week, which isnt helpful.

But the fertility friend was really helpful & I read on another thread about a lady pregnant with twins about how she got her BFP and one of the things she used was royal jelly, so just ordered some capsules.

So here goes......ready for the witch next weekend to start all over again!!
    x