have u got pets?

is this strange but i heard that u cant be pregant around cats or dogs. due 2 some chemical in their poo?? hope it isnt true as i want a cat lol x

It's a chemical that causes toxoplasmosis that can be found in cat poo... but really only in cats that go outdoors.. it just means that you can't really clean out cat litters when pg and I think I heard that cleaning out fish tanks can cause it as well but don't hold me to that cos I'm not sure... i think it's prob best to avoid most animal bodily fluids anyway when pg... that's what husbands are for lol!

We have 5 little long haired chihuahuas and we know they have the worst reputations when it comes to kids as they don't like sudden noises or movements.
Although they probably aren't the best trained they do know commands like "no", "sit" and "out" which leads them to be quite obedient. They are also only allowed in certain parts of the house and when a LO comes along they will have a pen in the lounge that they can go in when baby is in the room and we would never leave them unattended with a LO.

I grew up with lots of animals so I am not worried about pets being around children, I just know that you can never be too cautious and constant observation is critical.

xx

2 Dogs. A Great Dane female and a German Shepard/Shar Pei mix male.

No problems and we live in a tiny tiny place. I'd like a 3rd dog but that's a little too much esp. if I want another baby.

I have six bunnies (3 special needs), 3 cats and a dog. I could never be without my animals even if they drive me beserk sometimes. I have already told DF he will be taking over all cat pooping & scooping duties when we TTC!

We have a dog and two cats. I think our babies will be fine around babies and kids. Our dog loves playing with the kids in our complex. She gets easily excited though - but she's only 19 montha old yet. I think many have said it here...constant supervision is the key. We may have to worry about the dog licking the baby's face off though - she LOVES giving kisses...ugh! The cats I think will be fine. They are brothers and pretty much keep to themselves when they aren't looking for cuddles. I think they'll be curious and want to sniff the baby.

Yes, I have 2 cats and a giant rabbit who weighs 14kg.

I also have 2 horses, but they are not allowed on the sofas.

I've got 2 dogs.. both love children (infact they act like children) lol, i'm going to have to make a FEW changes with them when i settle down & ttc in a few years x

Sooz, that picture is so cute!

That's Juno, one of my special needs bunnies. She is a full wildie who was given to me when she was approx. 4 weeks old, the wildlife rescue she was handed to wanted her PTS because they believed her legs to be broken and they didn't have the facilities to rehabilitate her.

She was actually suffering from a genetic condition called 'splay leg' and after months of physio, bracing & splinting she is now nearing a year old. One foreleg has made a full recovery but the other is still paralysed from the shoulder down. She still has physio on it but has adapted well and uses the dead weight for balance, we did asses her for an amputation a few months ago but decided it wouldn't be necessary. :)

We have 2 dogs, large breeds, and we have had them for 3 and 4 years, and our son is 2 years old. When I was pregnant with Hunter they knew a change was coming. Dogs can sense that and they see you preparing for a new addition with bringing in baby stuff. Our dogs are still allowed on our furniture as we treat them like our other kids, and they know to be careful with Hunter. We have not had any problems as of yet.

We have a 1br apartment with two golden retrievers and three cats, and we're hoping to hear good news from the doctor today. Later in the summer we'd move to a 2br place. So more animals in a smaller space. It really depends on what you feel you can handle properly with the space you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->