Have you contemplated how to announce pregnancy!?

I saw a photo online of a golden retriever with a sign hung from its neck "Guard dog duty starts --/--/--" and a blurred background of the bump.. thought that was rather cute

Lol this is going to sound weird and stupid but we are going to be in Japan around the time I would be in early pregnancy if we get pregnant right when we start trying. I wanted to get a cool looking Japanese pregnancy test and then send the photo to family haha but when I googled it it looks like their tests are the same as ours :-(

So I haven't really thought much else about it .. but this thread is giving me ideas :)

hahaha... im sorry, this really made me laugh.. sounds exactly like something i would think of, then go ooops lol. Japan has sooo many cute things to give you inspiration tho, i loved it there. Which part are you going to? Maybe you could write the announcement in japanese?

I love the laundry idea.. if i end up testing alone, im gonna steal your idea! :)

Haha yeah I love Japan! We have been to Tokyo but this time we're also going to Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima. I can't wait! Maybe I can find something else cute and baby related :)

Its the other way round for me, Tokyo is next on my list but i went to those 3 plcs! Kyoto was my favoirite :) Lots of babydust your way!

love reading things like this, i have no idea what im going to do!

Some creative ideas here, I have also had a little look on Pinterest several times- so many fantastic ways to reveal... how to choose?

I saw this Christmas commercial where this couple announce their pregnancy by wrapping up a blue baby sock as a present and giving it to the parents. I'm not sure if it was her or his parents but it was cute.

I saw this Christmas commercial where this couple announce their pregnancy by wrapping up a blue baby sock as a present and giving it to the parents. I'm not sure if it was her or his parents but it was cute.

I thought of something similar: putting a picture of an/my ultrasound in a Christmas card with "Marry Christmas from V. R. J. H. +1 __/__/__!" (us two and two dogs + one & due date)

Its the other way round for me, Tokyo is next on my list but i went to those 3 plcs! Kyoto was my favoirite :) Lots of babydust your way!

Yay I can't wait, you should def go to Tokyo, Shinjuku is amazing. We are going to Shibuya as well. Such a cool place :)

We were thinking a picture holding a chalkboard of
"first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a...."
And showing the family it at the end of our wedding album or latest holiday pics .. then uploda the photo on FB when family and close friends know :thumbup:

I thought of something similar: putting a picture of an/my ultrasound in a Christmas card with "Marry Christmas from V. R. J. H. +1 __/__/__!" (us two and two dogs + one & due date)

That sounds like a cute idea.

I bought a teenyfit cloth nappy, I'm contemplating getting my son to hold it with a sign saying, ' I think it might be a bit small, mummy' and then due date underneath.

DH and I spent a while planning our announcement with DS.

We decided to organise a Christmas meal for both sides of our family. When we were all sat around the table we pulled homemade Christmas crackers that had either a blue/pink dummy inside with a tag with saying to 'keep hold of me, baby due on...'

We waited until after our first scan and printed photos and put these as a Christmas card on the place setting.

It was a lovely way to announce our pregnancy. Everyone was surprised and they definitely weren't expecting an announcement via Christmas cracker!

The trouble will be trying to think of something as cute for our next pregnancy!

I always test while DH is there. He's usually the one that grabs the pregnancy test, so obviously he knows what's going on and wants to know asap.

I'll admit, I already have the pictures ready for how to announce to friends on Facebook. I have a folder on my computer dedicated to things I want to do for the next pregnancy.

I saw this video of a woman who told her mom that she was expecting by putting a bun in their oven. :haha: It was pretty cute.

On Christmas my mom and I found out that my brother and his girlfriend are expecting by taping the ultrasound in the Christmas card she gave my mom. Underneath the ultrasounds she wrote "surprise you're going to be a grandma!" It was pretty cute.

My newest idea is if we conceive January/February id love to get a 'grandma on mothers day' card for our mums and give it to them....but it'll depend on when we conceive and if I can leave it that long....probably won't with my mum may be able to with his mum. I'd love to get Easter eggs which say mummy, daddy, and baby on them and have a picture for our official announcement but I don't think we'll have reached 12 weeks by Easter as its so early this year. I have loads of ideas just need to decide on final one!

My newest idea is if we conceive January/February id love to get a 'grandma on mothers day' card for our mums and give it to them....but it'll depend on when we conceive and if I can leave it that long....probably won't with my mum may be able to with his mum. I'd love to get Easter eggs which say mummy, daddy, and baby on them and have a picture for our official announcement but I don't think we'll have reached 12 weeks by Easter as its so early this year. I have loads of ideas just need to decide on final one!

I like the Easter egg idea, very cute!

my boyfriend gave me a note the other day that said." dear******, can i put a bun in your oven?xxx" ( we are quite silly with each other and this is the kinda thing he does) so i think i will put a bun in the oven to tell him when we hopefully get pregnant.

The Grandma card idea is cute :) I remember seeing halloween rib cage t shirts with baby skeletons on the bump, I have 'normal' Skeleton clothes anyway so I could wear one anytime of year. Would be good for facebook announcement, could try turning up at my mums wearing it and see if she catches on but will probably just tell her as I'll have to tell work straight away because of the radiation controlled areas

my boyfriend gave me a note the other day that said." dear******, can i put a bun in your oven?xxx" ( we are quite silly with each other and this is the kinda thing he does) so i think i will put a bun in the oven to tell him when we hopefully get pregnant.

That sounds very creative. :haha:

We did the 'grandma on mothers day' cards with ds1. My mum wouldn't stop blubbing down the phone (sent hers by post) and mil just looked completely confused and asked 'where's the scan picture?' Lol. We were only about 8 weeks at the time lol.

Every time has gotten less imaginative although hubby did put up ds3s announcement as third in the trilogy 'return of the feotus' lol.

That sounds too cute, "return of the feotus".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->