Have your OH's made good dads?

A

AppleBlossom

What have your OH's been like as dads?

My OH doesn't get up in the night with her ever. He rarely puts her down to sleep at night. He won't feed her her jars because he says they're too messy. BUT he does get up with her on sunday morning so I can have a lie in, He plays with her, gets her anything she needs, carries her round in the baby carrier wherever we go and holds her if she plays up while we're eating.

my dh has made a wonderful daddy he gets stuck in with the nappys, bath time and all the messy bits. plays with him and looks after him so i can cook dinner or grab a shower. talks to himall the time and says he loves him.

the only thing he doesnt do is nightfeeding as i bf but he annoys me as he will wake up in the morning and say oh jack was onlyup once i am like NOhes been awake loads u judst sleep thorugh it x

my OH helps during the day, but nights times are unfortunately all me. He tried helping 2 nights ago cause I was exhausted, but when he goes into the room for some reason he makes matters worse instead of better :-(

But that said, he is a great dad and my boy really loves him.

my OH used to be useless but hes better now,i think its coz joshua has got bigger and when you talk to him he baby talks back.

he gets up sometimes with him through the night,i do most of the nappy changes but he does some of them.

he even got joshua dressed yesterday,it was lovely watching both of them together.

Kyles dad was a fantastic dad while we were together. We would take shots at nightfeeds. And about who got up with him early (if he was off work) I'd make dinner and he'd do the tidying and sterilsing bottles etc. Occasionly there were days were he wouldnt let me do anything. Not very often tho :lol: Changed as many dirty nappies as me.

My neighbours son is one year and 2 months now and his father has NEVER changed a nappy. Or done a washing. Its crazy.

My husband is a FANTASTIC father. I work overnights so he is the one to get up nights with him, he would get up with me while I was still breastfeeding and get water and snacks for me, changes his diapers with no complaint, the feeding, you name it. I hit the mother-lode, have no idea how! He does have a bit of a panic button sometimes but that is ok....I usually can rein him in or will humor him :D

my DH is a fantastic daddy. has been since Ali was born.
He gets up to do feeds, i get a lie in every sat/sun morning and evenings to have long baths and relax while he takes over (even after working hard all day).

he baths him, feeds him, takes us for days out, plays with him....i couldn't ask for more.

Christine
X

my OH is sooooo great , he will play with him when hes back from work + makes him laught etc, feeds him (but i usually feed him as OH works + im breast feeding mostly), changes him, rocks him to sleep, picks out his outfits when we go out (allthough i usually end up changing it haha:dohh:) steralises things and will clean up after him. He will get up early on his day off so i can have an extra hour sleep too :happydance:

My babies dad is a good dad when hes about but unfortunately he lets his problems with me get in the way and now hasnt seen baby for just over a week because hes been 'too busy' so no.. he isnt really a good dad!!

Yes my DH is a good father. He takes the first half of the night so I can sleep. he changes diapers and plays and is just wonderful with Bren.

Stan's a great daddy. After 4:30 when he's off work he takes over. He feeds her, gives her her bath, puts her to bed, and gets up with her during the night.

Ian's a great daddy. He loves her to bits and does as much as he can take but sometimes he just gets lazy and leaves her in the jumperoo for ages while he plays on his xbox, she'll whine and he'll leave her for as long as he can. I hate this. I think he spends to much time devoted to his games but still, he is a good dad.

Well,he's not my OH but he is a good dad.

However as we don't live together,I care for Lola full time as she's still very young.He had her for one night and he was really great with her then.
Also,when he visits us,he plays with her and feeds her.He does a very good job in our circumstances.

james is an amazing daddy. before maddi slept through (about 6weeks onwards) we always did the nightfeeds together, he would get up and change her and make a bottle whilst i fed her, especially after i had my c-section. he's so wonderful with her, he plays with her, always feeds and changes her and they really enjoy spending time together. :cloud9:

I am so amazed that my DH made such a good daddy, he was the first one to change max's diaper , he fed him his bottle cuddled him non stop at the hospital ..
Once we were home he was up and about cleaning what ever I couldnt since i had a c-section , he cooked for me (even thought it was mac & cheese) I was happy ..he fed max. changed and brought him back to me .

At night I changed max while daddy got the bottle ready for him and fed him and off to bed he put him ..He hasent changed now he still dose and will put his sons needs before our own I will eat mac & cheese for the rest of our lives if I have to ..

He is such a proud dad :):happydance:

My DH is a great daddy. When I was Bf he would get up and get me a drink and then burp and change sams nappy and get him back off to sleep. Since we had to change to bottle feeding, we take it in turns to get up in the night.

He´ll bath him, feed him, play with him etc and I have no probs whatsoever in going out for some "me time" and leaving the two of them to it. Unfortunately because of the hours he works, he´s not home everynight to do baths and bed, but when he is there he´ll do it so I can cook a meal. He´s working on getting a different job though, so his hours are better suited to family life.

My OH has been a fantastic daddy from day one...il never forgeth the early days when i first had him, i was in agony and every night everytime LO woke up he would get out of bed cuddle him...change him etc...then as bubs got older in the morning my OH would tell me to sleep whilst he takes care of him...i used to sleep till 11am...i used to be exhausted...now that he is working on his days off he will tell me to go out and he looks after him whilst im out...its so sweet...and hes offered on his next day off for me to sleep in the spare room whilst he sleeps with the LO so i get a full nights sleep...:happydance:

He is great xx

To be honest, ive had such a sock at my OH..before LO was born he used to say that babies were shit-machines and no fun till they could walk/talk...

Since Rhiannon's been born though he has morphed into super-dad..
He plays with her, baths her, takes her for a walk, feeds her, even laughs when she vomits on him and its dripping off his chin (haha like she did in the hospital!!) the only this he cant do is nappies.. when we first came home from hospital, he would have her for first half of the night staying up till 3am for me to sleep and recoup after my c-section...he always buys her outfits/gifts and puts a weekly percent of his wage into her savings...
I couldnt have asked for a better dad for my baby :)

My other half is brilliant with Toby he is so patient with him and I love watchin them together. We get up together to feed him and change his nappies although Toby has ever only got up once for feed and is now sleeping till morning depending on when he goes to bed. My OH only day off work is a sunday and thats his day with Toby

My DH is such a great dad! I never realized how great he would be! He changes as many diapers as I do, he gets up in the night and gets her back to sleep. He tries feeding her for me. When he comes home after I've been alone with Erica all day, he takes her so I can relax for a bit. He is such a great dad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->