Have your OH's made good dads?

My hubby is a great dad he's the 'fun one' he's not so good with the domestic side of things, with Kai he was though he was up most nights feeding, and up most mornings! With rio i can count on one hand the amount of times hes got up with her changed her bum and fed her! I get the odd lie in from time to time as well! Still i think he makes the perfect daddy!
x

My OH is a brilliant Daddy hes great with charlie he doesnt mind feeding him or bathing him or changing him (altho he does get VERY messy!) Somtimes he sits and plays the xbox and ignors charlie which anoys me but all men are like that!

it's upsetting for me, OH doesn't spend enough time with the baby. He works from 9-5 and when he;s home he spends more time in front of TV and computer. if i asked him to hold the baby you can bet he will give back to me in 5 min. if the baby cried it would be 1-2min.

First month he used to bath and changed nappies all the time but not anymore. i don't understand why and i know he loves his baby a lot.

My husband is a great daddy. He helps out with feeding, changing, bathing and night times at the weekends. I would be lost without him!

My DH washes and irons all the clothes.He also cooks dinner at night so that I can do the bathing+bedtime routine in peace.He does not like changing diapers but will immediately do it if asked.He plays a lot with Skyler.He does not help during the night as I breastfeed and we co-sleep.I cant complain.Got myself a good man.

My hubby does all the cooking and a fair proportion of the housework. He goes to watch my DD up play hockey and netball, runs her to singing, piano and anywhere else she needs and she's not even his biologically. :cloud9: Needless to say he gets stuck in with Hebe too. He likes to be the one pushing the pram and would get up in the night but I've told him not to if she wakes - I'm BFing and theres no point us both being up. He's a fantastic Dad to both my girls and I feel blessed.

DH has been fantastic from day one especially when I compare him to other Twin Daddies. We did every single night feed as a joint effort (him changing and me BFing) and every bath time is a joint effort. We've recently started having one night each a week where we do bathtime on our own (which is some fun I can tell you!) so that the other one can do their own thing (I run and he goes to an evening class).

He changed his working hours when they were babies so that has an extra day off a fortnight mid-week which is a family day. The three of us have been poorly sick the last few days and he's been looking after us all.

OK sometimes he's not as intuitive to their needs as I am and can't always keep up with what their routine is but I'm here with them all the time and he's not. But he can make them laugh and laugh in a way I can't do, they are always sooo excited to see him when he comes home and Tom's first word every morning is always "Dadda".

Michael has gotten better at being a daddy over the past months, just like he said he would... He said in the beginning that he was not good with babies, but once Alexa starts to crawl and walk he will get better with her... She is getting closer to crawling forwards (she can crawl backwards lol) and he is playing with her more. He has never changed her diaper, or fed her, but this does not bother me the least bit, because I know that if he needs to do it, then he will. He has only watched her alone three times since she was born, and only an hour each, but again, it doesn;'t bother me. I know he will get better as she gets older. Also, since we moved into our new apartment, he has gotten better, and I think it has to do with him spending time with our friends down the hall, who have a baby, and I think he sees how good they are with her, so he wants to be a better father.

iam so proud of chris (my boyfriend), as he is such a good dad, we take it turns to get up in the night, regardless of whether he has work or not, he will do all the messy things, nappies, bath, feeding. and also (we dont live together) if im having a night out at friends he will drop anything he has arranged have her round, feed her, bath her, put her to bed with a bedtime story. :cloud9: considering he really didnt want a baby he is the best daddy ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->