Having a laparoscopy next Thursday!

I have had one but it was a long time ago! I was 16 and had a cyst on my ovary. I was knocked out for it. I remember being quite uncomfy around my shoulders after but was never in any pain really. Not sure if that helps at all sorry!

I had one about 7 yrs ago they put me sleep I woke up dopey and 2 stitches near my overies and womb ...didnt take long xx

Yes i had one well actually 4.It's ok just a bit sore after.Because they put air inside you to get a bigger picture you wake up feeling very bruised.A nurse once said it feels like a horse kicked you.Charming!Obviously the air has to come out so expect a bit of bottom burping.I rested for 2 days and after that i was fine.I took paracetomol for pain and warm baths.You dont have a huge scar either.Ask away hun xxx

I had one in Sept, was sore for a few days but it really wasn't too bad at all. My doctor found quite a bit of endo which my last Dr told me I didn't have. Good luck and don't worry...at least if they find anything they can clear it up while they're in there and you'll have increased fertility for three to five months.

Hi, I've had *counts in head* 4. It depends what they're doing really as to how you feel afterwards.
I think the one thing I'd wish I'd known before is that you can get really bad pains in your shoulder, from the gas rising up. Think it happens to 1 in 4 people.
On average I've had a week off work though longer when I had an ectopic and also when I had an infected tube removed.
Personally I like to take arnica, I'm sure it helps :) Just make sure you rest afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->