Having a random worry

shorman

Mum to 2 girl and babyboy
Reaction score
Hello ladys I have been having a worry. When I went ages ago for my 20 week scan I wanted to no the sex and I'm having a little girl :) but I no I saw for myself it's a girl but have been worrying the baby will come out as a boy :-s are the scans 100%? silly I no but does it make sense because now I no I love her soooo much and if the baby came out as a boy I would almost feel heartbroken. Xxxx

I think its normal to think that hun, ive seen quite a few threads where as the pregnancy progresses, and when people have been out and brought all pink/blue that it dawns on them it could be wrong! not sure on the exact stats, there not 100% but pretty accurate xxx

hate to say it but no they are def not 100% my nephew was thought to be a little girl until he was born!. no sonographer will tell you it is def a boy or a girl, but sometimes they will tell you roughly how sure they are (bit late now i know)

if you really want to know it might be worth considering a 3d scan as they are pretty accurate i think. we actually have a picture of our little boys bits, so will be very suprised he turns out to be a girl! but even then they wouldn't say DEFINATLY a boy!

At some hospitals there not allowed to tell you unless they are really really really sure!

Yeah our hospital won't tell you, it's policy. No matter how many times you ask they won't.

Apparently they got sued a few years back because they got it wrong! So now they don't even offer a suggestion.

Does it happen often? That there's a mistake x

i dnt think it happens all tht often when they do giv u the sex! coz when u think how many ppl are told the sex n it is what theyv been tols compared 2 them gettin it wrong! its more than likely they got it right!

i was told at 20 weeks scan but she did say ' keep ur receipts incase' think tht was more 2 cover her bk! but i had another scan at 34 weeks n seen everythin 4 myself properly so if hes a girl then it used 2 b a boy lol!

xxx

i thimk they dont get boys wrong as bits are obvious but they can get the girlies wrong when they are infact a boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->