Having Braxton hicks every 10mins or so - is this okay?

Annie77

Cautiously expecting
Reaction score
Over the last hour or so I have had really quite uncomfortable Braxton hicks every 10 minutes or so. They don't last for too long - maybe30-60 seconds each.

I have tried to get up and walk but doesn't affect them. I am anaemic and had protein in my urine last week but no infection. I am shattered and my heart rate is quite high (about 80bpm) but I think that is due to anaemia.

Should I wait to see if they get stronger, closer etc before phoning midwife? I am having a section on 3rd but my local hospital is so busy I may need to drive over to west Lothian should this be labour starting. I have seen lots of posts saying that hospitals don't want to see you until contractions are x minutes apart but I amnt having a natural birth so when do I let them know I MAY be in early labour?

I've had the same on a few occasions where even walking, a hot bath and drinking water didn't make them go away. I'd say wait it out until they get stronger. Real contractions increase in pain the further you wait xxx

i think i read more then 4 in an hour and you need to call midwife. xx

My braxton hicks have been all over the place and are mostly painless. I'm waiting for some serious pain before I go anywhere.

I had this at about 37 weeks too. Obviously they didn't turn into anything but I'd even go as far as to say they were painful! Time them accurately and see if they get longer/ closer together. Also ensure they increase in pain. If you're really worried though due to having a c-sec then give the hospital a call. Listen to your body, you'll know best :hugs:

Well the bh continued all yesterday but pain manageable with paracetamol. Had lovely bath, drank lots of water but they keep coming. Had awful night when I was woken every hour or so but not sure why. Sometimes I woke feeling a bh, other times it was heartburn or needing the loo.
Am lying in bed this morning and they are still coming every 7-11 minutes, slightly stronger and with some back pain too. I think I might just phone hospital and ask to get checked. I'm thinking it could just be a UTI again?
What would you do? I don't want to waste their time but don't trust my own instincts as I missed all signs of labour and contractions with first baby due to my very high pain threshold and nerve damage.

Yeah since they haven't eased off then I'd give the hospital a call x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->