Having problems with dizziness

Skywalker

Reaction score
At my first maternity visit last week, the doctor did say that my blood pressure was on the "low end" but not so low as to cause real worry. However, I often feel incredibly dizzy in the last few days if I turn my head, stand up, or stay standing for too long. Also I think I was just cold last night but I was washing my face and noticed that the nailbeds on my thumbs and a few of my other fingers were tinted purple, and today I was walking around a store feeling off balance and almost drunk and had my arm bent at the elbow and my hand resting on my purse strap near my shoulder and I started to get tingles all in my fingers and arm. It's like my circulation and blood pressure are just terrible! I am going back to the doctor's next week so I plan on asking about it then, but is this cause for serious concern? Has anyone else experienced low blood pressure in early pregnancy and if so, was there anything you did to help it? I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo tired most of the time, feel dizzy and often drunk, sometimes even slurring or mixing up my words. This is intense! I had to hold on to OH when we were at the store because I felt like I was going to fall over. :wacko::sleep: Also have headaches. This is not fun.

Try sugar. When your pregnant your blood pressure drops. I had a couple times nx candy fixes it every single time

Its normal for blood pressure to b low when you're pregnant. So nothing to worry about there. My mw did say if i felt dizzy or low on energy i had her permission to eat some chocolate of drink some fizzy juice, in first tri, to help with low blood sugar. Our bodies r going into overdrive whilst our wee beans grow so its not uncommon to feel like u described. At work i keep lots of snacky foods at my desk to keep blood sugar topped up. Pkenty of water and sit if u can. I teach college students & often sit during classes as i can get quite dizzy when on my feet for a while xx

I get very low blood pressure in first tri and feel how you described. With my first I just tried pushing past that feeling and ended fainting and scaring my DH real bad. Doctors said there was nothing they could do, just advised to stand up slowly fom sitting or resting. And my low blood pressure did improve as I went into second tri and it was a good thing in thirt tri as my blood pressure be er got in the too high zone that many pregnant women get. It sucks but just take it easy and it will improve most likely.

Drink lots of water...atleast 2 litres....this has helped me not to feel as light headed n tired ....but low bp is normal in pregnancy

Ah thank you guys! I'm glad to know I'm not alone on this! Come to think of it, when we were at the mall, I really wanted hot chocolate so I got some, and then had a cup of pumpkin soup, and that seemed to help a little bit (water and sleep helped even more lol) This is so rough! Hard to explain to OH. He's sort of a tough guy who doesn't really understand when others aren't feeling well because if he's ever not feeling well, he just pushes through it and ignores it or at the most takes a nap. When we were waiting in line for the bank I started getting really dizzy so I was having to hold on to him, and I swear he looked at me like he thought I was crazy and just making it up lol, but maybe if I get something from my doctor he'll understand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->