Having Twins

Expecting2

Expecting Twins
Reaction score
I am 11w3d pregnant with twins!! This is my first pregnancy so I am really nervous that everything is going right...anyone have any advice, stories, or want to let me know what pregnancy complaints you had so I know I'm not a whiner would be great lol !!! Thanks:cloud9:

I don't have any advice but I'm pregnant with twins too!!! When did you start getting a bump!

Congrats !!! I started getting a bump at 7 1/2 weeks...im now 11w3d and go in for my next OB appt tomorrow !! How far along are you? :cloud9:

7 1/2 weeks. No bump. I look pregnant at the end of the day but just bloated because when I wake up I'm normal again. It's odd.

i may join you soon ladies:) ...i will confirm my twins in april 27th :)
when did you found out Expecting2 about your twins?
i had my first scan at 4 weeks+5days and we can see 2 clear sacs so far...

honestly I thought I was just bloated cause they say thats normal to have a bump that comes and goes due to bloating but mine never went away lol...it is kind of scary, being my first pregnancy and being pretty petite it scares me to be getting big already but my doctor has said it can be normal. I have been really sick the last couple weeks..no vomiting but extreme nausea and headaches...they actually have had to put me on vicodin to try to help my headaches...have you had any morning sickness (all day sickness) or any of that yet??

hey Miel !!! hope you are having twins good luck at your appt...I found out in an odd way... I had breakthrough bleeding at 7 1/2 weeks and I thought I was miscarrying...I went to the hospital and they did a u/s and confirmed twins and they had very strong heartbeats and they said we both the same size and seemed to be doing fine...I only bled for about 4 hours and the next day I went back for another u/s and confirmed both babies were fine :) I actually had no idea that twins ran in my family so it was a huge surprise.. I feel so lucky!!! I am very worried though because the twins that ran in my family always ended up in the Vanishing Twin syndrome where only 1 baby survives so I am really nervous to find out that they are both there so I hope they do another u/s tomorrow for me :)

i was taking clomid with 10% chance to get twins...being ttc for over 18 months...so we are happy :)
post some of your scan picture in here so i and Vineyard can admire the babies ! (not a obligation of course !)

good luck tomorrow !

Well I have one pic here of the first scan at 7 1/2 weeks and if I get a u/s tomorrow I will get more pics up !! I can't wait to see them again and hear the heartbeats again :) :cloud9:

Attachments

• SDC10964.jpg
    SDC10964.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 20
they do all cozy in there !!!

did they tell you if you will be monitor more (or having more scans etc) because of the twins?

The doctor actually said at this point that they wouldnt be doing anything different...they will treat me for the most part as if I am having a singleton...however it being my first baby I am going to push tomorrow to be seen more often since I am so nervous about every little thing lol...he said I am considered high risk though as with anyone carrying multiples.

congratulations on your twins...from your pic it looks like you have quite the bump already! very cute. i dont have much advice as i am only 17 weeks myself. i did have spotting in my first trimester for a few weeks..i guess this is quite normal and moreso with twins. and i was very very tired....felt yucky lots but never actually threw up. hmmm. as far as vanishing twin syndrome i woulsnt worry about it now if i were you. i was told that once you see the heartbeats you are past when that usually happens. i have been a nervous wreck although not my first pregnancy (i have three already!) so i invested in a fetal doppler and i love it. i can check in and hear their hearts whenever i need reasurance. if you end up going this route and getting a doppler get one with display so you can tell babies apart. well good luck and keep posting!

WOW thanks so much for replying...I have not checked into the doppler things so I think I will start checking into those cause that sounds like a really good idea...and thanks for the reassurance on the vanishing twin syndrome :)

Congratulations on the twins. I too am expecting twins though only 8 1/2 weeks at the moment. I am so tired I am struggling to function, just seem to sleep, eat and feel sick all the time !! i have been worrying about vanishing twin syndrome too, though we saw both heartbeats at 6 weeks so fingers crossed all will be okay. Having a scan on 23rd april to check on them :)

Hey Lone...grats on the twins !!! Unfortunately for me I'm almost 12 weeks along and still battling a small amount of nausea and some headaches and alot of food aversions. Just to update everyone, I went to the doctor yesterday and we heard the heartbeats :) so the babies seem to be doing very well. I did not have another u/s, however they let me know that apprx 6 weeks from now I will be able to have a u/s and hopefully find out the gender !!! I am very excited to find out what I am having and the doctor reassured me that he does not see there to be any problem or any reason for me to be worried about vanishing twin syndrome :) That made me feel alot better ! I hope everyone else is doing well and lone if you ever have a question about something you are feeling just ask me and I will do my best to help ya out ;) :hug:

I just gets lots of cramping and that always worries me. I also get really bloated by the end of the day. Did you experience that?

i did not have much cramping, but know that many others did...the bloating i absolutly had. at 8 weeks i already looked preggo but it was all bloat. worse at night.

I actually had alot of cramping for the first little bit..it worried me too...i had one night of breakthrough bleeding and that lasted a couple hours and the cramping got better after that but I still get a little every once in a while...I definitely had the bloating...alot of times it was so bad it made it hard to breathe. It does seem to get better though I have noticed...everything that bugged me early on seems to go away slowly each week ;) :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->